Mics do not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reformatted my PC which I bought from a LAN center awhile back, and I haven't been able to get my mic to pick up sound since. I have tested the mic and another mic on a laptop I own and both of them work there (using the sound recorder). Neither work on my PC that I reformatted and I don't know why..I have messed with all kinds of settings and to no solution.

They're not USB slot mics, and I haven't tried one of those..but, they worked before the reformatting so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. (I do get sound out of the speaker parts, they're headsets, but the mics don't work on either of them). I have downloaded the AC'97 audio drivers.

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

Waiting for specs ...

Ok, that has had some sort of effect..because now when I use the mic it picks up the air..when I talk or tap it, it picks up no sound..but I can hear "air". And if I use it in ventrilo, it picks up the push-to-talk sound in it as well.

Hahaha! Nevermind, you're my hero! <3. I had unplugged the mic part of it when I was testing it last night..with this new driver it works fine! Thanks a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back