Mininum build cost to play mine craft

Tritton

Hi All

My nephews are in need of a computer to fundamentally do homework but ideally, they would like to be able to play Minecraft (Java edition). Sys reg here
Been a while since I paid a visit to the forums and somewhat out of touch with compatibility with components.

I will only need (mATX)motherboard/CPU, RAM and then depending on the motherboard a graphic card.
I'm UK based in terms of sourcing parts

Thanks in Advance for any help

Graphics cards are in very short supply at the moment and the ones that are available are hugely overpriced for what they are. So for the time being, I'd recommend just getting an AMD APU (CPU with a built in GPU) system and when graphics cards become more available and sensibly priced, then get one to upgrade the system.

A bundle such as this one should suit:

Source the parts separately, especially the processor, is somewhat of a challenge (as they're in short supply too).

Looks goods.
Having a quick look myself and just sorting by lowest price first how would the following work
Motherboard
CPU
RAM

This Graphic card is in stock would this be better?

Edit
looking at another option going full prebuild, my undernading this would run Minecraft with min sys reg

Last edited:
The A8-9600 is an old CPU design - it's okay (one can see in the video below) but the newer Ryzen APUs are vastly better.

That GeForce GT 710 is also an old model, from 2014, and it was a low-end budget model even then. It's utterly awful for gaming: avoid at all costs.

Going with the prebuild obviously gets you everything you need in one package and for a low price, but it's not really that much cheaper than that Ryzen 5 3400G bundle (with 8GB of RAM) - the case and power supply unit will be absolute budget models, although the SSD isn't too bad (just not very big).

If all you need is a processor, motherboard, and RAM combo, then the Ryzen bundle is better value for money; on the other hand, if you want to spend as little as possible, just to tidy things over for a few years, then the prebuild is okay. Not great, but okay.

This Graphic card is in stock would this be better?
The Nvidia GT-710 is a joke. Any of the current Intel IGP (built in graphics), would eclipse it in performance. HD-4000 is recommended. This is 4 generations ago. HD-530, HD-630, and the newer "HD-730", (I think that's what they're going to call it), are all far superior.

However, since integrated graphics share quite a bit of system memory, you should double the amount of recommended RAM to compensate.

Back