Monitor not going to sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo420

OK first of all I don't know if they is the place that this belongs and also this isn't something on my comptuer so I won't be able to test anyones ideas for a while.

Anyway my step dad's computer which I built for him is starting to do something a little bit wierd. For some reason he monitor won't shut itself off when the system has been idle for how every long he has it set for. Now i know this doesn't help much but all I have to go on he says that it is all set right to turn off after a while and it was working before but now all of a sudden it won't do it anymore just leaves the screen saver going and going.

I have some doubts that they settings are done correctly. The problem I have right now is that I can't really check it out until the next time I am in Boise. Which I don't know when that will be living in Reno. I was just hoping that someone may have seen this problem before and know how to fix it. Assuming tht is set to do what he thinks it is.

Any thoughts you could have will be useful because I don't know what would cause it to not work all of a sudden or how to fix it short of just installing windows all over again.

Go to Controle Panel, Display, screansaver, and power. there will be an option there to tell the monitor how long to stay on with no use. tell him to check this and make sure it is set to what u or he wants, if it is, decrease it by a little.
this should help.

Yes I know where the setting is. Question was if there was anyone that had ever seen a problem when that was set correctly and yet the monitor still doesn't turn off. Assuming tht they setting are correct I am hoping there is an easy way to fix it other then just living with the problem or reinstalling windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back