Monitor not working...cat 7.9..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys,
I recently downloaded and installed the new catalyst 7.9 drivers that are available on the ATI site. I'm running Radeon X1650 Pro AGP, and I read somewhere that these new drivers would help in running some of the latest games out there...so away I went and downloaded them, unfortunatly after I restarted my computer my monitor stopped working altogether. It says there is no signal. My computer works still, but my monitor doesn't, I only own one monitor so I can't test to see if other monitors will work on it. I'm just wondering if its my video card that screwed up or something else...if you need anymore details on my computer just lemme know I'll see if I can get the info thanks!

Windows XP SP2
AMD 2.8 ghz
Radeon x1650 pro AGP

Sounds like the drivers messed things up. Do you have integrated graphics that you could try? Do you have any other video cards that you could try? Some way to get a pix so you can change drivers back, or use system restore.

I do have an nvidia card lyin' around...I spose I could pop that in...and delete stuff ahha...I'm no expert maybe I should bring it in to the computer shop. I was afraid that I'd might hafta do that...I don't have that kinda money right now, I'll try the other card first and if all else fails then to the shop I go...anyway thanks for the help :D

~Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back