Monitor Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished doing a recovery on my other computer.
I rebooted it and it was fine, but it had everything in defaults.
So I installed my video cards drivers and so forth and was promted to restart it.
I did so i reset it and it came back up. I disabled the old Intel graphics card via device manager and enabled the "new" card. It told me i needed to restart for the changes to take effect. Now I watched it boot up, but after the windows loading screen, with the scrolling bar thing the monitor went into power saving mode. Now it starts up and finishes, it doesn't crash cause it's still on and makes the appropriate sounds for starting up. I think that the card doesn't recognize the monitor or vice versa. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance. Oh, if you need any info about the hardware on the computer let me know. (I doubt you will though).

ok i found a way to get it to display, but the display looks like it does after a critical error, with the color all messed up.

User101 said:
ok i found a way to get it to display, but the display looks like it does after a critical error, with the color all messed up.

Have you disabled the onboard video in the BIOS? If the onboard video is still enabled it can interfere with your resources to the point that windows will have problems correctly detecting and setting up the new card you are trying to setup.

sorry i meant that i got it to display with the old card, in other words i got it back to the originla settings again, but is there a way to clear the computers memory of the new card and do a clean reinstall. I think a clean reinstall would do it. also how should i go about turn the cards off in device manager, is there any particular order i should turn them off in. Thanks again! :) :) :eek:

Sounds like the same problem i just posted. But in bios or cmos, how do i disbale onboard card. What is it under exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back