Monitor worked, but after updates doesn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakethesnake

Hey. I have a SAMTRON (Samsung brand, I think) 76DF(X)/776F(X)/78DF (that is what it says in the Display tab) monitor for my computer. I have had it for about three years now. Just like any other week, I go to my Windows Update and install all the latest updates for my computer. Now, this week I installed some of the "hardware & driver updates," one of which was for my monitor. It went fine, I downloaded and installed the updates, then finished up some things and restarted my computer. I have my monitor set at 1024x768 pixels with Highest (32 bit) color quality. However, when I restarted my computer, it turned on like normal, but the color quality was terrible (set at Lowest 4 bit) and the screen resoulution was set at 640x480 pixels. When I noticed the changes, I went to the display and settings tab, and changed my screen resoultion and color quality to what I wanted it to be, my normal settings. First, I tried it without restarting my computer. It just stayed the same. Then I tried it with restarting my computer. It stayed the same, also. It will just go back to the Lowest 4 bit colors and the 640x480 resolution. Any suggestions as to how to get it back to my normal settings? Help!

Okay, a little edit:

I've called my local tech store, BestBuy, and they gave me some useless information. I can get it to 800x600 pixels, but that is the highest I can go. It still won't let me get past Lowest 4 bit color quality. It is starting to make me angry.

I think I am going to go a little in-depth here and give you the whole story. I installed a Windows Update for my SAMTRON 76DF Monitor, and when I restarted the computer, all of my display settings where different. When I went to change them, I put them where I wanted them to be and clicked apply, but it just stayed the same. BestBuy said to get on an internet chatroom/forum and see if anyone else has had this problem.

jakethesnake said:
Hey. I have a SAMTRON (Samsung brand, I think) 76DF(X)/776F(X)/78DF (that is what it says in the Display tab) monitor for my computer. I have had it for about three years now. Just like any other week, I go to my Windows Update and install all the latest updates for my computer. Now, this week I installed some of the "hardware & driver updates," one of which was for my monitor. It went fine, I downloaded and installed the updates, then finished up some things and restarted my computer. I have my monitor set at 1024x768 pixels with Highest (32 bit) color quality. However, when I restarted my computer, it turned on like normal, but the color quality was terrible (set at Lowest 4 bit) and the screen resoulution was set at 640x480 pixels. When I noticed the changes, I went to the display and settings tab, and changed my screen resoultion and color quality to what I wanted it to be, my normal settings. First, I tried it without restarting my computer. It just stayed the same. Then I tried it with restarting my computer. It stayed the same, also. It will just go back to the Lowest 4 bit colors and the 640x480 resolution. Any suggestions as to how to get it back to my normal settings? Help!
First of all the size for your monitor is 1280x1024 32 color,and all 17"crt as standard resolution,set this and restart.

When I set it to any resolution or color quality, it doesn't set. It just goes back to the distroted resoultion and quality.

Thanks for the information. I got the monitor back to it's normal settings, but not with the information I recieved. When I clicked on settings to try and do that, my computer shut down and restarted without me telling it to do so. After it turned back on, I was prompted with a message saying that my computer had just recovered by a serious and fatal error. I went to more details and it told me to apply an update to my graphics driver. I did that, restarted, went into settings just fine and it restored to my normal settings!

jakethesnake said:
When I set it to any resolution or color quality, it doesn't set. It just goes back to the distroted resoultion and quality.

Thanks for the information. I got the monitor back to it's normal settings, but not with the information I recieved.O REALLY :haha: When I clicked on settings to try and do that, my computer shut down and restarted without me telling it to do so. After it turned back on, I was prompted with a message saying that my computer had just recovered by a serious and fatal error. I went to more details and it told me to apply an update to my graphics driver. I did that, restarted, went into settings just fine and it restored to my normal settings!
O Really ! good thing u set it at 1280x1024.:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back