Motherboard problem with win xp advice wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
First i have checked the stickied post at the top about repairing win xp but it doesnt help me so i will post anyway.

I deceided to change my motherboard this morning as i was informed by a software tech support it could be faulty becasue it was constantly restarting my pc during 3d games using a AGP graphics card.
I stupidly didnt read the net and do some research about it and im now stuck on a very old pc. My proper PC wont boot up because of XP, bios loads fine but as soon as it boots from the hardrive i get the blue screen for half a sec and it restarts and does this over and over.
I have checked on the net and it seems i need my window xp original disk to perform a repair . I dont currently have the disk with me for about a 1-2 weeks as it is at my mothers house who i dont live with.

My questions are:
1. as i have the xp box here with the code, is there no floppy disk download or some sort of repair/boot disk i can download of microsoft to this pc that would make my proper pc work again, just a simple driver fix or anything that is causing this problem.

2. Would replacing my old motherboard and putting everything back as it was mean my pc would boot up again or has it messed win xp up trying to boot it from a different motherboard already.

3. Could i use a borrowed win xp cd off a neighbour/friend to perform the repair installation or do i need my own cd that i used to install windows originally(with my product key).

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as im a MMORPG adict and i dont think i could take a week+ of being offline :dead:

With ViewkeyXP you can find out your own code, if you don't have it with you.

You can borrow anyone's XP CD as long as it is the same type as yours (i.e. Home or Pro), and do a repair.
You can even do a fresh install with someone else's CD, as long as you use your own key.

XP might already have changed some things for the new mobo. Putting everything back in might still work. In either case, I hope you made backups of your personal stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back