Mozilla releases Firefox 21 for PC, Mac, Linux and Android

Shawn Knight

Staff member

mozilla firefox mac linux android browser firefox 21

Mozilla recently launched version 21 of Firefox for Windows, Mac and Linux. The updated browser brings a number of new features including support for Mozilla’s Social API which allows social providers to integrate directly with the browser and display select content on the sidebar or toolbar.

Download Firefox 21
Windows | Mac OS X | Linux | Android

The Social API first debuted late last year with Facebook Messenger. It’s designed to help users stay connected to social networks no matter where they go on the web. Mozilla said it has endless potential outside of social networks as well including integration of e-mail, finance, music, cloud possibilities, services, to-do lists, sports and news. Cliqz, Mixi and msnNOW are among the latest to sign up.

In related news, the Android version of Firefox also received the update which delivers support for two new open source fonts, Open Sans and Charis. These new fonts will replace three default Android fonts and is said to offer a more visually appealing and cleaner reading experience on the Internet. Mozilla pointed out that the difference is subtle yet beautiful.

Other new Firefox for Android features include the ability to capture media files by long pressing. What’s more, users can now access recent browsing history using the back and forward buttons. We are told there are also some new HTML5 features on tap.

Permalink to story.

I installed it on my PC a couple of hours ago and have been using it up till now. I'll be reverting back to good ol' Chrome. I prefer it.

I wonder if they fixed the memory leak. I didn't think anything of it until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed my 120GB SSD was about full (it never is).
Discovered it was Firefox. Switched to Google Chrome and now my drive has space again.
Hint to Mozilla - Fix the memory leak, I might use it again.

Firefox is better than Chrome because it has scripting.

Chrome is more lightweight and has a better JavaScript engine. Firefox has more features
because of add-ons. Google Chrome does have extensions too though. Go to the Chrome
Web Store to get them, Chrome is easier to use and it’s less complex. Mozilla uses fewer
resources in that aspect when compared to Chrome. Also, the newer versions of Firefox
has reduced the amount of memory leakage, so the performance should be improved.
Mozilla is still a great browser.

[FONT=Times New Roman]I use both. They are both good.[/FONT]

I wonder if they fixed the memory leak. I didn't think anything of it until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed my 120GB SSD was about full (it never is).
Discovered it was Firefox. Switched to Google Chrome and now my drive has space again.
No memory leaks here, it's on your end.

They fixed it many versions ago. Right now Firefox has the best memory management on my PC, although I'm pretty sure it isn't the same for everyone.
And what you are talking about isn't a memory leak, it's called cache which can be set lower if your SSD is small in options-->advanced . Just clear you cache once in a while and you'll be fine.
Also try using CCleaner to clear your temp files/cache/garbage/etc. I've found GB's on some pc's.

Back