MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNoob

I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard and the Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0 combo. When i bought it, it was refurbished. The problem is, when I type anything, sometimes the key i last press would seem to get stuck. Not physically stuck, but whatever the key does will get repeated up to soomething like 20 times. For example, if i press the space key last, it will output 20 spaces. It gets really annoying when i open a file with the enter key and it happens. It doens't happen ALL the time, but it happens enough to annoy me. I have tried reinstalling the proper drivers, using the PS2 adapter to connect the keyboard to a PS2 port. I've also formatted several times (not because of the keyboard) but the problem never goes away. Is the keyboard busted?

Specs:
Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
OCZ 2x512MB PC4000 EL VX Gold - 2-3-2-6 @ DDR400
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
XFX 6800GT
Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA
onboard sound
480W EasyMedia PSU

By the way, the problem happened twice while typing up this post.

maybe

I have the same mouse, similar keyboard (Wireless Natural Multimedia), but haven't encountered your problem. I do know that M$ recently released updated drivers for these, and- have you tried fiddling with the speed/repeat settings in the keyboars icon?

Perhaps someone mistook "refurbished" for "refubarred?" :rolleyes:

Just installed the new drivers....still has that problem.

LoL, i they keyboard looked like it was in excellent condition when i got it....i doubt it is "refubarred" lol. I dunno....do you think it might be a software problem?

Also, when i installed FIFA 06 (legit), it didn't work and it turned out to be a problem with "some improperly installed drivers" and i narrowed the problem down to one driver and the game worked after i disabled the driver in Device Manager. The driver is for the "HID-compliant consumer control device" and it is extremely outdated (7/1/2001). Do you think this might be the cause of my messed up keyboard?

maybe

iNoob said:
Just installed the new drivers....still has that problem.

LoL, i they keyboard looked like it was in excellent condition when i got it....i doubt it is "refubarred" lol. I dunno....do you think it might be a software problem?

Also, when i installed FIFA 06 (legit), it didn't work and it turned out to be a problem with "some improperly installed drivers" and i narrowed the problem down to one driver and the game worked after i disabled the driver in Device Manager. The driver is for the "HID-compliant consumer control device" and it is extremely outdated (7/1/2001). Do you think this might be the cause of my messed up keyboard?

That could be part of it. Try going to device manager and uninstalling all drivers associated with the HID compliant devices, then re-start. Let Windows reload the onboard drivers, then go to M$ for the update again. (Be sure you have the correct keyboard selected). If this doesn't help, and you cannot fix it through the menu in "Microsoft Keyboard," I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe someone smarter than I (there are MANY of those in this forum) will respond with more helpful advice. By the way, what sort of mouse/hardware are you using? Good luck, man. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back