MSI GS75 Stealth Review: A beastly gaming laptop

Yet another review of the 2080Q without comparing it to the 1080 or 1080Q - other than storage performance which really isn't relevant to the GPU...

Techspot, can you give a direct comparison please? The real question for someone purchasing a 2080 Max Q is how it compares to the 1080, which is what it is replacing!

RGB backlight colours on the keyboard are so obnoxious, and actually make the laptop look cheap... who's asking for all these colored nonsense? Some teens?

Why can't they make them just plain white and make them look more professional? Or am I getting too old for all these unnecessary coloring?

It reminds me of the gimmicky headphones with RGB lightnings... even the wearers' themselves can't see them..

What direction is the tech world heading to?

Yet another review of the 2080Q without comparing it to the 1080 or 1080Q - other than storage performance which really isn't relevant to the GPU...

Techspot, can you give a direct comparison please? The real question for someone purchasing a 2080 Max Q is how it compares to the 1080, which is what it is replacing!

indeed. MaxQ cards are traditionally 20% slower than their desktop counterparts (which since the 10 series are fine for laptops, no M "mobile" version required anymore). I just don't see the appeal of MaxQ except for one feature... thinner.

Seems like a narrow niche market - "hardcore gamer wants powerful card for leet gaming!".... BUT will also gladly sacrifice 20% performance so his laptop is thinner and half a pound lighter. uh, okay... so is he a gamer or an accountant? MaxQ seems so weird to me.

The RGB keyboard will give me eye-cancer!! Hideous.

I am sure there are people who love to play games on a laptop, for whatever reason. I wouldn't.
And for $3000, I can get decent rig plus a 32" kick-*** display!

Can it be used as a workstation for 3D designing and all?
Yes and no. There are some CAD/designing applications that aren't really fussed about what GPU is being used (e.g. Fusion 360), whereas others have a list of Certified products (e.g. SolidWorks, I believe, only supports Quadros, FirePros, Radeon Pros, etc). Given that this is a 'standard' GeForce product, the latter is unlikely to be supported.

Back