MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT Evoke OC Review

MSI made more Nitro-esque card than Sapphire? Your move, Sapphire, release your Toxic beast.

Come on Steve! You know as well as I do that removing the built in power limits for overclocking Navi is literally as quick & simple as a single registry edit! In fact, you made a video on just that subject. So why don't we have full overclocking results here in this review??? Or at the very least, a quick mention that those limits are easily removed. Nobody planning on seriously overclocking Navi with one of these custom cards is going to leave those limits in place.

Come on Steve! You know as well as I do that removing the built in power limits for overclocking Navi is literally as quick & simple as a single registry edit! In fact, you made a video on just that subject. So why don't we have full overclocking results here in this review??? Or at the very least, a quick mention that those limits are easily removed. Nobody planning on seriously overclocking Navi with one of these custom cards is going to leave those limits in place.

Makes stuff all difference and is a waste of time, that's mostly why. The other reason being I can't get the SPPT mod to work right now with the latest driver, not sure why so until I do, I won't report on it. But can you please not act like it unlocks amazing level of performance, it's a 2-5% boost at best and isn't worth the effort.

"The card measures 235 mm long"
Nice. Perfect for those of us with squeezy cases. There haven't been many options lately for shorter length + high performance.

I hope there is a better card coming, normally the MSI cards are whisper quite with their triple fans. So far the performance of all released AIB cards has been pathetic, lucky they aren’t charging more for the same performance. Whoever has the best cooling solution will get my money, no use expecting any performance gains outside normal variability. Maybe I’ll wait for 5800 now.

The difference in performance between Forza Horizon 4 vs Assassin's Creed just shows how important it is to optimize the game for a particular architecture. In other words - how important is bribery. Whoever bribes the developers first, gets his hardware appear faster in that particular game. It's got nothing to do with the actual hardware performance.

Makes stuff all difference and is a waste of time, that's mostly why. The other reason being I can't get the SPPT mod to work right now with the latest driver, not sure why so until I do, I won't report on it. But can you please not act like it unlocks amazing level of performance, it's a 2-5% boost at best and isn't worth the effort.
idk if this is why, but with morepowertools, now you need to use gpu-z, save the bios, then upload the bios in morepowertools, because of aib cards and there differing stock bios settings, such as fan curve etc Igor made this a new thing or hellm whoever.

Back