Multiple issues I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have the following problems:

I keep getting a pop up message regarding: W32.Myzor.FK@yf.

I have a message in the systems tray I think its called, near the clock that keeps coming up with critical systems error - saying its detected virus activities.

My anti-virus software - which is Trend - says I have "ISAMONITOR.EXE - TROJ_ZLOB.BXV" and it says it cant clean it, to delete it - so I do and then it says its deleted, but then the message comes up again.

I have tried to do the prelimiary checks that one of the posts says to do - but i get so far and then internet explorer shuts down on me and i try again and then it happens again.

Any suggestions??

its taking me to "atotalsafety.com" and tells me i need to download their antivirus stuff

everytime i try and do an online scan, it gets so far and then shuts down anything i have open in internet explorer.

Hi,
I have tried, and tried and tried yet again - over and over - I think you get the point :) to be able to get these programs onto my computer to get these logs for you - but whatever is going on in the darned computer will only let me get so far in downloading and then it shuts everything down - time and time again. Someone suggested I try reformatting my computer - would this solve the problem? I dont have an issue with doing this, as the only things I would be worried about loosing are photos, but they're already on a disk anyhow.
Thanks for your help!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you don`t have a problem with reformatting, then it will get rid of any nasties that are on your system and is probably the best way to proceed.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bam2jam only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

oh good thanks for that!! Any chance of telling me where to find some instructions on how to do so - I havent done it for a long time, and that was only whilst on the phone to my father, so cant really remember exactly what we did. Thanks again!!!

No problem, you need to do the following.

1 Restart your computer and go to setup usually by pressing the F2 or delete key.

2 Once you get into setup look for the boot menu and make sure you set it to boot from cd first followed by your hard drive.

3 Put the Windows xp disk into your cd.

4 Now save your settings and exit setup.

5 While your computer is booting you will see a message that says "press any key to boot from cd" press any key.

6 When the welcome to setup screen appears press enter and then press F8 to accept the Microsoft licence agreement.

7 You will be prompted to repair an insallation press the escape key.

8 Now select the partition that you want to reformat and press the D key to delete it you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the partition.

9 Now press C to create a brand new partition you will be asked what size you want the partition to be in mega bytes. If you just press enter then the partition will be the maximum size that you can have. This is perfectly ok if you don`t want to create multiple partitions.

10 You will now be asked to format the partition select the ntfs file sytem and do a full format.

11 Once the format is complete setup will continue.

Your computer will restart during the remaining setup again you will be asked to press any key to boot from cd DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING. and setup will continue. Once the setup is complete and you are back in Windows remove the Windows cd from your cd drive.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bam2jam only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Of course do remember to back up anything you hold dear to another source first, because everything in the area (partition) of the HDD that your OS is stored/going to be stored will be wiped clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back