My computer can't start after my brother installed Windows XP

After my bro installed windows xp my pc cant start,i get a message sayn we apologise 4 th inconvenience,but windows did not start succesfuly.recent hardware or software change might have caused.if ur computer stopd responding,restarted unexpectedly o was automaticaly shut down 2 protect ur files n folders,choose last known configuration to revert to th most recent settings that worked.if a previous startup attempt was interupted due 2 a power failure o bcoz power o reset button was presed o if u arent sure wat caused th problem,choose start windows normaly.safe mode.safe mode wit networkn.safe mode wit comand prompt.last configuration(ur recent settings that worked).start windows normaly.after i choose th start windows normaly option my pc completely freezes,i wait 4 a few minutes to see if anythng hapens but o goes in vain.pliz help am computer damn.

Computer won't boot?

As it's best to try the simple things first, press the power on button, and tap F8 key many times, quickly, straight after that. You will see a black screen with white text. You are in 'Safe mode'. You then need to use the 'arrow' keys to move down to the line 'Choose the last known good configuration' and press enter. It should then boot through to the Desktop. The graphics will look strange, but shut the PC down in the normal way. Re-boot as usual and all should be ok.

Thanx mike 1959,i did as u adviced.i presd th power button en then tapd f8 key many times quickly until a black screen wit white text appeared,i select th choose the last good configuration.no desktop appears instead a black empty screen appears,wat shud i do next.i mis usin my pc.

Laptop boot problems

OK. You tried the last good configuration, and did not work. When you boot the laptop, make sure there is no CD or DVD in the PC. Can you tell if the XP system did install properly last time ? Did you type in the product key, and did you see the blue and green desktop display? It usually takes about 45 minutes to install, do you think that it did ? Can you tell what is the Make and number of your laptop ?

Hey mike,i confronted my kid bro who did the installation of the operating system en he says he entered th product key en says th installation was succesful tho he did not see th blue en green desktop.do i need to reinstall th software coz i think th installation wasnt succesful?

Installing XP

Hi, As you are trying to install XP, does that mean it had XP on it from new? Or did you buy the XP disc and product key from a shop or on-line? If your pc worked ok since new, what happened to make it not work properly? If I guess you owned this pc from new, do you know that you can reset the whole system back to the same as it was? Have you tried that? The information you need will be on-line , if you Google the name and model, and system restore. If you have run the XP disc, followed the instructions, entered the product key, you should have got to the Blue and green desktop, (The normal hill and sky scene). If not, can you try the F8 key trick again, and choose the option 'Safe mode'. See what happens. If you do see the desktop, and the graphics look odd ( Very Large), then it tells you, that XP is installed, but you have a faulty driver. Maybe you can give some more information about how your PC failed to work, or did it always have faults ?

Back