My Computer gets a blue physical dump screen every time i try to burn a DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help pleez!!! every time i try to burn a dvd i get a blue physical dump screen that wont go away unless i manually press the power button and shut down the computer... i used to be able to burn just fine but now no matter what burning software i use it crashes... i am a noob i need of help... thanx

Most optical drives only last a year. Heavily used ones can wear out in six months. It may be time ro replace it... Shopping around, you can find good Samsung, LG, LiteOn, and Pioneer for as low as $22 to $24 plus tax and shipping.

but the drive lets me burn cds and 360 isos so idk why it wouldnt work... i heard something about conflicting drivers or sumthing like that

See if this might apply [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post]

You must be running Vista or Win 7? Try unzipping to your Desktop then just drag the file from your Desktop to that folder and tell Windows it's OK when it asks

The computers we see in our four shops with this condition most frequently have optical drives, either CDRW or DVDRW that are too badly worn, or have had way too much use.
And it is cheaper to replace them than to repair them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back