My computer is running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidstl

Dear Tech Spot,

My home computer is running slow and I thought you could help me find some bugs and tweeks that I missed. I have performed the 8 Step Virus Removal protocols and I'm including my log files here too. Tell me what you find in error or conflict please. Thank you. Davidstl

Attachments

• SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-28-2009 - 14-58-22.log2009.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2009-01-27 (18-33-32).txt
    863 bytes · Views: 2
  • hijackthis.log2-10-2010.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
Dear Tech Spot and Broni,

Thanks for your quick response to my e-mail. I am uninstaling AVG - which is in error statis (?) - and I will then rescan my computer and post fresh logs. I need about 12-14 hours to runn all the scans, so I'll get back to you tomorrow with those. Again, Thank You!
Davidstl

Okay, I uninstalled AVG and here are the fresh scan log files.
Tell me if you see something out of the ordinary. Thanks again.
Davidstl
PS I also get non stop e-mails from: cuaq06924@arcor-ip.net & http://119fd2c.sailexact.ru/ with NO way to 'unsubscribe' or contact them to stop them...
can you help me out here too?

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-02-11 (14-23-00).txt
    898 bytes · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 02-11-2010 - 16-02-51.log
    64.4 KB · Views: 1
  • hijackthis.log02-11-10.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 2
As for spam mail, your best option is to ignore it, or/and use your email program spam filters.
Once you reply to any spam mail, the sender will know, that your email address is alive and you'll get more spam.

So far, I don't see any serious security issues, but let's run one more scan....

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Post fresh HijackThis log as well.

Okay, everything went good with the TFC scan, however, I ran the Kaspersky Online Scan twice and each time the scan stopped around 38% complete. The data box said: 0 Error [ logical error occurred ]
It took two hours for the scan to reach 38% before closing itself down. How long does Kaspersky take to run a complete scan anyway?
Thanks for all your help.
Davidstl

Attachments

• hijackthis.log2-11-10.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 1
Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

• Disable your antivirus program
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • Once the scan is completed, you may close the window
  • Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

Okay, I have completed the ESET scan. I hope I attached the scan log correctly and you can examine it. When the ESET scan was complete I have two options: Uninstall application on close & Delete quarantined files. Do I need to check either of these boxes? Thanks for your help.
Davidstl

Attachments

• log.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 1
You don't have to do anything.

Verify your Java version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Update, if necessary.
Uninstall all previous Java versions, through Add\Remove (Programs & Features in Vista).

========================================================================

Your computer is clean

1. Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
- Windows Vista:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
8. Click OK

2. Restart computer.

3. Turn System Restore on.

4. Make sure, Windows Updates are current.

5. If any Trojan was listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!

6. Download, and install WOT (Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/. It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.

7. Run defrag at your convenience.

8. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html

9. Please, let me know, how is your computer doing.

Thank you for all of your quick and easy solutions. My computer is smoother and I do not get pop-ups and freeze-ups. You are the best. Thanks again.
Davidstl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back