My Computer powers up and all the fans but will not boot up and keeps beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a computter that was built for me and I got a virus at some point and formated my harddrive then my sister was messing with the computer and taking it apart to check it out and now I believe that I have put it all together right and it does not work I turn the power on and the fans turn and the lights for the drives come on but the monitor does not come on and the tower beeps like every 6 sec and never boots up HELP ME

The best thing to do is to determine what motherboard you have and the BIOS that it is running. Then search google for whatever brand BIOS it is and BEEP CODES. That should tell you where the error is comming from. I would guess its either poorly seated or bad ram, or same with CPU.

To be safe, I'd take everything out and make sure it is clean and hooked back up properly. Especially if your sister was messing around with it, and some of the pins might have gotten bent or something. If you have more than one stick of ram I'd take out all but one stick and try booting that way.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back