My Computer Will Not Turn On, Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Ok, here is the deal.... Today a bad storm started rolling in, so I shut down my computer and unplugged the surge protector from the wall.

After running into town and back (approx 1.5 hours) I plugged everything back in, and my computer would not start. EVERYTHING else plugged into the surge protector powers on: speakers, monitor, router and hub, external HD, desk fan, everything except my computer powers on. The only thing that is on is a little green light on the motherboard.

I have tried the following:

Flipping the reset switch on the power strip

Flipping the power supply switch on and off

Reseading various hardware

Checked, rechecked, and rechecked any / all cables inside and outside of the computer

Unpluged the computer's power cable from the surge protector and plugged it directly into the wall.

Nothing is working.

Now, I did not unplug the ethernet cable from the computer, but if it had been hit by lightening, wouldn't the cable modem, hub, or heck even a TV have gotten fried?

The only things I can think of doing is A) Buying a new power supply, or B) a new motherboard. What do you guys think? Please help, this is just super frustrating....I have a two thousand dollar footrest.

The motherboards NIC (network Internet Connection) could have been fried... Do you have an on-board NIC or a separate PCI NIC?

Ok turns out it was the PSU. I ran to Staples today to pick up a cheapy PSU to test it, and WOOT! Now to get a real PSU from Newegg and return this one when it gets in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back