My Screen Turn Black When Playing Game !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
frm dxdiag.. and my 1 is a latop .. the specs is as below.. problem is as mentioned above...

system model : 5560 Aspire
Processor: Genuine Intel (R) CPU T2400 @1.83 ghz ( 2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022 RAM
Page file : 551 MB used 1907 available
Direct X version : Direct X 9.0c

Display:

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
Chip Type: ATI display Adapter(0x71c5)
DAC Type: Internal DAC(400Mhz)
Approx.Total Memory: 512 MB
Current Display Mode: 1280 X 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I think mainly is because of the display card problem... can someone solve my problem? i have tried and play game that do not require high end super specs.. i have tried "Dawn of War" and some not very high specs game.. the game will run for awhile like 10 -15 mins .. then my screen turn black .. while the proccessor is still running. But when i played game like warcraft 3 either melee game or inside blueserver the screen is not turning black.

Similar Problem with ATI 9200 Radeon

I have a profile 610 from gateway, media center windows, all updates etc, got a cheap deal on MOHA and MOHPA medal of honor, decided to see if any patches well after I installed patches for MOH pacific assault when starting the game screen intermittently goes black, set settings to default, wient in control panel dropped acceleration down to see if it would help, no dice, I should have left game alone ran fine before patch.

BTW saw a post about people using Nvidia 5200 chip video cards throw them in the trash, they wil not play many games, even with patches updates etc., first time I decided to splurge and buy 128 mb video card and it was worthless. I have seen many posts about the 5200 and I think it was one before that 5000?? or 5100? just like MS shoves software out and then fixes problems later Nvidia caved from ATI superior sales of higher end cards I think Nvidia just shoved that product out. Oh well guess what brand of video card I will NOT spend my money on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back