My WoW graphics seem under optimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroSkating

Ok. So I just recently got a new Graphics card its a Sapphire Radeon HD 4670. I popped it in, downloaded the software, and my WoW gameplay runs so much better then before. never below 55, and gets up to 65 FPS on Ultra Graphics.(shadowing turned off) However, much of the game DOES look better, things like my character, and my action bars/abilites seem to be low quality, graphic wise. Maybe I'm expecting more, but I thought the graphic quality would look better.

I was playing on my friends computer. His in game graphics were set lowered than mine, and the graphics looked alot better. (i dont know anything about his computer other than his monitor is a Sony) Im currently using an LG Flatron W2040T Monitor.

So let me know if you know what my "problem" could be.

Thanks

start > control panel > find ATI CCC,

or, right click desktop, display setting (win7) or personalize (vista) or properties (xp). then go to display settings. it will show the monitor, and at right bottom there's "advanced settings". the tab above should have "CCC" if you have installed one.

so I just need to get to the CCC control menu or whatever?

I went to 3D and changed it to optimal display under the standard tab. is that what i needed?

(no difference in WoW graphics)

what you need to change is the 3D settings, not the display setting itself. usually changing to high quality changes the texture detail setting.

ok well i did. i go open the CCC, go to graphics, 3D, then i changed the setting to optimal under the "Standard" tab. The other tabs aer, AA, AAA, AF, AI, Mipmap, and All. Do I need to change settings under those as well?

well you can adjust depends on your wish, (there's 3D example there) i personally set mine to quality instead of performance, since i get same fps for certain games. you might want to change it to high quality so it can be as good as your friend ones.

ok that really doesnt help me. I just want to know how to set my graphics high so when i get on WoW it has really nice quality.

ATI_Catalyst_Control_Centre.png

well, if you have tried optimal quality, then try to use "custom settings" and select optimal quality for all the settings (AA AF etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back