Need an new NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

Yea so I screwed up pretty bad and flashed my mobo (nf7-s 2.0) with the wrong damn bios file. I used a bios for an nf7-s2 and now my computer barely works. I cannot flash back to a correct BIOS because of a "write protection" issue so I need to get a new chip for my board. Does anyone know of a good place to get one? I've looked around a little but I can't find a place. I need a PCC32 type or whatever it is; pheonix-award. All I know is that the chip is square and has 32 pins... Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

As far as i'm aware you cant buy separate bios chips you have to get a new motherboard, could be wrong but i have never come across any place online or on the high street that does it.

BIOS Chips Dealer

Darth_Terra1 said:
As far as i'm aware you cant buy separate bios chips you have to get a new motherboard, could be wrong but i have never come across any place online or on the high street that does it.

Found a place out of California that sells replacement DIP and PLCC BIOS chips. I ordered one, they programmed it, and then shipped it to me in less than a week! I popped the new chip in and bingo, works perfect! I also sent them my original chip so that they can reprogram that as well. All is good now and I didn't have to do anything to my motherboard.

The site is www.biosman.com; I just Googled "BIOS chips" or something like that and the site came up. I highly recommend them. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back