Need help determining what my mobo supports (got pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leoashcraft

Alright, I have a Dimension C521, it's not the normal one, it's the slim one.
Could anyone help me and tell me what my mobo supports? Thanks.

Click the pic for a bigger view.

[CENTER][/CENTER]

1-PCIe x 16 slot
Low Profile (half-height) video card

1-PCIe x 1 slot
Low Profile

1-PCI slot
Low Profile

Thanks Tmagic, I like that card. IT has DVI and my monitor does support that, but it also comes with a DVI to VGA converter. I also like the S-Video, then when I go to my vacation house, I can just hook it up to my 49" flat screen =).

I have used Newegg before, I just wanted to make sure everything was perfect though...

Just to make 100% sure I got everything I need now, could you tell me if I got the right wire?

You guys are alot of help, thanks!

Once again, click to enlarge.

[center]

[/center]

By the way, I went ahead and bought that newegg one you sent me, thanks! saved me a few bucks.

Yes leoashcraft,
that cable will fit, I hope the card does too. What does dell want for the card? I didn't see your model Dell in the compatibility list. Also did you notice the comments from the purchasers on that Dell site?

Tmagic, it is in the list, it is a Dimension C521.

Yes, I did notice that. No reveiws showed the C521 though. I hope it does fit, if not, I guess it'll be time to get a new tower!

Keep in mind I got the Pro, not the regular one, so that makes this an even better deal. I bought pro from Newegg, below is Dell's price for the non-pro and Newegg's price for Pro.

Dell's Price: $99.99
Shipping: 3-5 Day= $4.99
Tax: $8.66
Total: $113.64

Newegg's Price: $89.65
Shipping: 3 Day= $4.99
Tax: $0.00= Included
Total: $94.64

Total Saving because you guys:
$113.64
- $ 94.64
----------
$19.00

Thank you soooo much guys!

And again, remember, these prices are for two different products, Dell is non-Pro and Newegg is Pro! Sorry but I don't know what Dell charged for the Pro, I only see REFURBISHED version and I'd rather not get that from Dell....

leoashcraft said:
I also like the S-Video, then when I go to my vacation house, I can just hook it up to my 49" flat screen =).
I would stand clear of hooking up a 49" screen to a S-Video connector.

Why is this Didou? my TV also has a DVI and VGA so that would be fine, but why is this? I have hooked it up with my VGA before and all was fine, but if it is a problem, I wouldn't want to do that.

Alright then, I'll probably just be using a DVI anyway. When I use the S-Video the quality isn't too great, maybe that's what Didou was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back