Need to make my Internet work

Hello,
I just downloaded Windows 7 onto a fresh hard drive and am running into some difficulties. My internet, whether I try and connect wirelessly or via an ethernet cable, absolutely refuses to work. My router is a Linksys wrt54g and I have long ago lost the disk that goes to it. There doesn't seem to be any available downloads for these drivers anywhere online, and it's become more and more frustrating trying to force my computer to discover the device and vice versa. I just need to know what I have to do in order to make my internet work. Thank you very much for your time, and I hope to get some insight soon.

You may need drivers for your network adapter not the router.

Are you connecting to the router through a wireless or a wired adapter?
Did you build the PC or purchase a pre-built?
  • If you built the PC, which motherboard did you use?
  • If pre-built, which computer did you purchase?

This might take some doing, but I am providing you a link to the Toshiba web site. The page contains every known piece of network hardware that was ever put inside a Toshiba Satellite L675D. In some way or fashion your going to have to properly detect which piece of network hardware you have! You might have to enter your device manager as to identify which network adapter you have. If the network drivers are blown, and the identity of the hardware is impossible, you then can turn to your stock Toshiba Diagnostic Utility and run the hardware scan and even if the driver is blown and can't be identified in Windows, the diagnostic tool will get it off the device I.D. chip mounted on the network adapter! So find out the name, look for it on the list and go to the far right hand side and select to download it's driver!

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

If your Toshiba laptop is anything close in design as my Toshiba Satellite X-205, your more than likely going to have a Intel ProWireless setup!

Good luck, and happy hunting!

Back