Netflix drops the final trailer for The Witcher just a week before its debut

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
Highly anticipated: Monster, magic, brutal battles, medieval political intrigue, and did I mention monsters? Netflix series The Witcher has everything fans of the books, games, or even Game of Thrones will like. The show premieres in just eight days, and today Netflix dropped one last trailer to get viewers hyped up.

Netflix has released one final trailer for its upcoming series, The Witcher. The new show is based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s anthology of fantasy novels rather than the video game franchise. The series stars Henry Cavill (Batman v Superman) as monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Netflix is looking to fill the void left behind by the departure of Game of Thrones and hopefully gain a following just as massive. It is a pretty good plan and definitely a hot IP to capitalize on. The Sapkowski books have a substantial built-in following that the streaming giant is likely to grab, and fans of the video game adaptations are expected to tune in as well.

The Witcher debuts December 20 on Netflix.

Permalink to story.

Funny thing, It's a show based on books (God forbids video games, cause Andrew S. despises VGs), yet, every pc-centric web portal I read mentions every bit of news about?
LOL ;-)
In Your face, Andrzej!!!

Funny thing, It's a show based on books (God forbids video games, cause Andrew S. despises VGs), yet, every pc-centric web portal I read mentions every bit of news about?
LOL ;-)
In Your face, Andrzej!!!

I think he despises declining to get royalties from the video games, even though the company offered to pay them, so it's sour grapes.

I think he despises declining to get royalties from the video games, even though the company offered to pay them, so it's sour grapes.
They guy literally says "I didn't know if they would be successful" therefore he just took them money thinking that he scammed some losers. but when they made one of the biggest games in the history of gaming, he got jealous and greedy. his books would never be anywhere near popular if it werent for the game, the netflix series would never happen if not for the games.
Again good writer, but, yeah sad.

Good God it looks like bad B movie. I will watch for a bit but if does suck I am out. This could be a career ending movie.

They guy literally says "I didn't know if they would be successful" therefore he just took them money thinking that he scammed some losers. but when they made one of the biggest games in the history of gaming, he got jealous and greedy. his books would never be anywhere near popular if it werent for the game, the netflix series would never happen if not for the games.
Again good writer, but, yeah sad.
You dont know **** about Andrzej S. and who spread that misinformation !

His lawyers had a word with C.D Projekt S.A and how the contract was undervalued (polish law has something to say about that);

Go ahead, spread some more disinformation for the masses.

Back