Network Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficflow

How do you remove out of computer memory or where ever it stores info on a used drive. I went into disk manager and nothing shows but when i try to us that letter it says in use Any ideas

If it is a network drive, you can just go into your "My Computer" and right click on the "Disconnected Network Drive" or if it is even still connected and select "Disconnect". This will remove it from your drive lettering.

Is this a network drive (Mapped), or is it something else.

That is basic about my computers. What I am talking about is a network drive that is mapped and even though it does not show it is there when you try to use. I hope that clears up my question. Thanks

Open a command prompt (start, run, type cmd, press enter)

Type "net use" (this will display a list of all mapped drives)
To remove the mapped drive type "net use <drive letters> /delete"

For example:
If you see F: is mapped to a folder, type "net use f: /delete"

Repeat this for each letter that is mapped that you're not using. You local drives will not be listed, only mapped drives"

Thanks!!! That did it. You do not want to know how many people I have asked that. Since your on a roll another question. In my email none of the hyperlinks are active If I check my mail online instead of using my browser software they are all active. Any ideas?? Thanks

Glad that worked for you.

I'm a bit confused about your email question. Are the links not active when using an email program (outlook, outlook express, etc)? You said "if I check my mail online instead of using my browser", please clarify that.

Thanks for coming back. I can clarify. I have a few different browsers. My out look at work will have active links by that i mean you can click on the address and it goes to the site. My wife has aol and if I go online and go check the mail at there site every link is active. And there is a option to enable that link. All the links are blue and then I enable that link. When I she opens AOL and checks the mail from the program on the computer no links are active. You have to copy and paste everything. Can you help? I hope this makes sense.Thanks

It's probably a security setting within AOL somewhere. You can try and hold down the ctrl button while clicking the link to see if it opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back