Network Problem ... same ip in 32 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Network Problem ... same ip in 23 pc

my problem ... 23 new pc and 1 sever..... swith d-link.... problem 23 pc is same ip 192.168.0.0....invalid ip, n i try set menual but is same problem ... can`t sharing files, n ... , network interface card sis900... computer "acer Aspire SA80 Series" with windows xp pro..... i hope u alll can help me plzzz...........

I'm afraid you are beyond all help when it comes to making sense.. I understand if you are not so good at English, but you don't need that many language skills to get facts right. Think before you type maybe?

When you set the IP addresses of the computers manually, all the computers still get the IP of 168.192.0.0? Surely the address is something like 192.168.x.x. And I really doubt it was 0.0 in the end. You'd have to use some exotic (and non-standard) netmask to achieve that.

Start over again. Step by step. What exactly do you have? A bunch of PCs, a "server", and a hub? Well, you most certainly can't get on the internet with only that. What kind of internet connection do you have? What kind of a server is it? What other networking devices do you have?

What exactly have you done? How did you configure the "server", how did you configure the "PCs"? How did you connect all the devices?

When setting everything up, please do it with only one PC at first. There's no point in going through all 32 of them if it doesn't work.

That I know... I setup all computer network auto, but the ip is invalid....

1. d-link des-1024r+24port (rackmount) swith (100base)

2. Acer aspire sa80

3. Internet (adsl cable) - Under SchoolNet

4. server n other 22 computer is same function

* I try to ping computer to computer ok.
* File can`t sharing
* winxp sp2 - limited connetion...

*sis900 nic
*pentium4 3.06ghz
*256mb ddr ram
*sis chipset

plzzzz help meee.... I don`t what to do now

Attachments

• Untitled-1_resize.jpg
    Untitled-1_resize.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 5
I may be being dense here, but have you set up a DHCP server on the primary domain controller? Surely that's something you'd need to actually obtain IPs automatically.

A switch directly to the cable modem going directly to the internet? And then 30+ Windows computers to that switch? Are you insane? You should never do a thing like that!

You sure you know what you are doing here? Are you sure you can't someone with networking experience to help you?

First, you need some router-type device for NAT and basic firewall functions (that Windows server will do, if it has two network interfaces). (I really doubt your ISP has given you 30+ public IP addresses and you would still be insane to hook up these computers like that)

Yep, these guys are right. Let me break it down with some math for you.

(1 Switch + 32 computers) - (1 router + 1 DHCP Server) = no networking

You will need to enable DHCP on your server, if you're using 2003 than it's under the add/remove windows components. This will get you functionality between the 32 computers. If you want them to go out to web sites like www.cnn.com than you need to put a router infront of the switch but before your Demarc.

OR

You could get a cheap linksys router/D-Link router that has a built in DHCP server and use that in place of a dedicated DHCP server.

whatever your say... i`m very 2 sorry ok... but i need your help... plzzzz... i have finish this project 5day in now, i very2 need you help me

1. server and client pc are the same type...acer aspire sa80 with sis900 ethernet controller

networking device...1 d-link des-1024r+ 24port rackmount switch, 1 aztech adsl router modem with 5 port rj45

i want to know. is all same like system internet cyber cafe... all auto no need to set, just set auto just pluck in all rj45 n on computer n set geteway

what difference between diswitch (hub) manage & unmanage

defintions + exmaple

hub: a box which connects multiple computers to a network. The bandwidth
(or network capacity) gets divided by the number of connections.

switch: similar to a hub, but each device gets the full bandwidth of the network.

router: performs multiple tasks; 1) NAT service between the uplink(or WAN) and the LAN connections
2) often provides DHCP service to the LAN side
3) may include firewall services

with 32 computers, you will need more than a simple 4port router, something like an 8port where two are connected to switches

example
network --- router/firewall ---(6) systems
.........................|
.........................+ -- switch -- (13) systems
.........................|
.........................+ -- switch -- (13) systems

btw: your server should always have a static ip address to allow it
to be found by-name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back