ive just recently purchased new stuff for my build,

Athlon Amd x2 4800+
Asus A8n32-sli Deluxe mobo,
2 x 1gig Corsair 3500LL pro
XfX 9800 gtx+ xxx
Pc p&c silencer 750w
WD raptor X 150gig sata

ive updated the lastest bios (no problems) left all settings at default for now

anyhow im tryin to install windows XP sp1 onto my drive , first off all i have one disk where i can install xp onto it but once in windows i get the BSOD after 10 sec's on desktop ( new install no chance to install drivers etc ) with the name page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

when i have tried to install windows XP (with sp2 built in version ) and i tried another version of Xp Darkside but i still encounter a problem where just before its about to get to the blue screen where u get the option to install windows , repair windows, etc it just BSOD IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,

my 3rd option was to try a ide seagate drive with my windows xp workin version ( this drive is what im using to post this thread ) it picks it up but when bootin up the pc it loads to the point of where the little blue loadin bar is once it stops to go to the next page ( normally where u can login password ) it just BSOD flashes and restarts everytime ( unable to read the error ).

ive tried changing the gfx card to the other pci slot no difference, tried to install onto another sata drive but it dosent get to the screen to install windows, un plugged all devices but cdrom , cpu , gpu , gfx ,memory,

ive have my 2 x sticks of 3500 and ive got 4 512 3200 sticks so ive tried one at each time on there own to , im currently running a memtest on the 2 x 3500 atm ,

my cpu is running at 40-45c

any ideas would b muchly grateful im baffled

memtest-86 > Pass Complete ,no errors

POWER OFF UNPLUG AND UNSTATIC then remove... everything in PCI slots.. then, change the ram around., then unhook all the CD/DVD drives, then the HDDs, then plug in only the HDDs after making sure the jumpers are at Cable Select if only one drive, Master and Slave if there is more than one.

should i then re-assemble in the order of HDD , DVD , RAM , PCI card ?
im gettin all sorts of BSOD ,

just tried a new installation and i have another BSOD , no name just Prblem detect windows has been shut down bla bla bla with the code

STOP 0x00000024 0x001902FE ,0xF8994658 0xF8994354 ,0xF89948C8 .

its becomin a joke after 4 days of messin im still no closer to gettin anywhere :( .

previous ones have been Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL / BAD_POOL_HEADER & CALLER / PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAD

sorry about the above mistake im a newb to forums anyhow,
hi thanks for the reply the ram i have got for my system is
CORSAIR XMX PRO DDR 3500LL @ 438MHZ which i did some reasearch on before hand and its what asus recommend to go with the asus a8n32-sli , any idea what else could be causing my problems , thanks in advance for any help regards bertz

do i need to alter my bios properly for voltages and check the memory voltage. ?

hi thnks for the reply, i did try using my normal ram instead of the 3500LL but without any luck still. the 3500LL was just running at default but like you have stated im gonna have to alter my bios settings to run it at 438mhz,

well i had bought the 939 chip based on only upgraded that with my old system but because the mobo didnt work for some reason i had to base my upgrade around the chip , =( ,im now thinkin of selling all my 939 components to intel c2d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back