New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all. i just received my new bfg gtx 280 and whenever i try to run games like cod4 it would just freeze right when i connect to a server. like i can see half the map and the sky is black. also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of "flash graphics drivers" or something. i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about 5 seconds. i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a 8800 gts. i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around 40-50 degrees Celsius.

counter strike 1.6 is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd. everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason. i can play hd movies surf the web etc. with no problems whatsoever. i have tried a clean uninstall/reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver 181.22. now i am really stumped. ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred. my current specs are as listed:

vista ultimate 32 bit.
quad core @ 2.4
gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p board
4 gb ocz reaper @ 1066
750w corsair p/s
bfg gtx 280 oc edition
no overclocking in any way

if you guys could throw some advice/help at me i would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

im sure its not my power supply because someone i know is running a 280 with the exact same power supply. yeah i am using evga precision and also rivatuner but i havent messed with it yet besides the fan. i ruled out the power because when it would freeze the light on the videocard would stay green instead of turn red which i have been reading alot of because of lack of power.

this is what my bsod said:

attempt to reset display driver and recover failed.

stop: 0x0000116 (0x8858b008, ox8ea0be80,0x00000000, 0x00000002)

nvlddmkm.sys - address 8ea0be80 base at 8ea00000, datestamp 48ebd52f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back