New Mobo and no signal to monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I have read alot of threads in here about the Problems of the ASUS' motherboards.

I have recently bought a new ASUS P5K Preium Black Pearl Edition.
Bought a new 600W PSU, and a new 250g sata II hdd.

I am getting so fustrated and some help would be appreciated.

Everything is connected correctly and firmly.

Cpu works in other computer.
PSU works in other computer.
Grhx card works in other computer.
Ram works in other computer.

All hardware is compatible with this motherboard.

When i go to boot the system, everything lights up like normal.
Dvd drives become functional, HDD seems to be working, and all fans and CPU fan spins.

After about 30 seconds, and still no signal on the monitor, the PC automatically turns itsself off and reboots after about 2 seconds.

My PC case dosnt have a speaker, Does this mobo beep? because i have tried everything to get it to beep and i here nothing no matter what i do.

I have pulled the PC apart several times and started from scratch, but i still have the asact same problem.

Any ideas?

Talk to ASUS tech support. The problem is obviously something to do with the board, whether it is a defect, or a connection error.
The ASUS black pearl is VERY picky about the memory it will accept... and the acceptable memory was posted on the ASUS site. It will refuse to run if it doesn't like the memory, even if it is the correct size. Sometimes matched memory models are all that will work.
You would get the beeps if it were memory or video if you had the speaker... which are only $3.00.

Hello, nesbar, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, all mobo's beep, it's part of the BIOS. You will need to connect an internal speaker to the pins on your motherboard to hear the beep codes.
As raybay has said, the speakers are cheap so if you can get one and put it in, let us know so we can tell you what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back