New Nintendo Switch trailer shows off the console's toilet-friendliness

midian182

Staff member

As we draw ever closer to the Switch’s March 3 release date, Nintendo is ramping up the anticipation with new trailers. The latest of which, posted on the company’s German Facebook page, shows the handheld hybrid being played in that ever-popular mobile gaming location: the toilet.

Yes, the new ad really does show a gamer enjoying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch’s handheld mode while dropping a load. But with over three-quarters of mobile owners admitting that they use their handsets while answering the call of nature, toilet gaming is far from an unheard of phenomenon. It even lead to the introduction of ‘Smartphone toilet paper’ at one Japanese airport.

The rest of the trailer proves that the Switch can be just as much fun in areas outside of the bathroom, especially by millennials, it seems. While local multiplayer does look pretty great, buying extra pairs of Joy-Con controllers for others to use will cost you $80 per set.

As for online multiplayer, we know that Nintendo will be charging a Xbox Live Gold/PlayStation Plus-style subscription to access online gameplay for “most games.” The service will be free when the console launches and remain that way until the fall, at which point users will have to pay. Nintendo still hasn’t said how much it will cost.

As noted by Mashable, the ad isn’t the first instance of Nintendo promoting its products’ toilet-friendliness. An old Gamecube poster shows a man playing the beloved console while voiding his bowels, though the open bathroom door/mirror system seems like more trouble than it’s worth, and appears to offer little in the way of privacy.

Permalink to story.

Playing a handheld device on the toilet and during classes, now there's a relatable trailer if I've ever seen one. In the very least, it's a nice way of saying: "We do know where you'll ACTUALLY the console, look, they're doing it too!"

I'm glad you guys showed the Wavebird advertisement from the gamecube era. It's exactly what I was thinking about when I watched trailer #2 last night.

"New Nintendo Switch trailer shows off the console's toilet-friendliness"
So you don't need the toilet brush to ram it through the tubes when you get frustrated with it, it just flushes easily away. Good thinking Nintendo. Why don't more manufacturers think of these user convenient features as well. Not to mention all the money they'll save in warranty returns. You can't return what you don't have anymore.

I just don't understand why he doesn't have a console and big screen already installed in his bathroom. For us over 60 crowd it would save a lot of running back and forth!

I think the Nintendo Switch is a pretty cool device! But personally think Nintendo has got it wrong... Portable devices will never sell as well as they could after the Smartphone. Last portable device that was worth getting, was the PSP. But smartphones have really taken the largest share of that audience today.

I think the Nintendo Switch is a pretty cool device! But personally think Nintendo has got it wrong... Portable devices will never sell as well as they could after the Smartphone. Last portable device that was worth getting, was the PSP. But smartphones have really taken the largest share of that audience today.

The PSP was great because it could be modded so easy. But I wouldn't say it was last portable worth getting. I have a 3DS and I think it's awesome. Everyone I have ever known to own one has loved it.

I just don't understand why he doesn't have a console and big screen already installed in his bathroom. For us over 60 crowd it would save a lot of running back and forth!

Yeah, there should be live-streaming gaming (or whatever it's called) into the bathroom already!

Back