New power supply for Slimline Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbZ

Hi. I want to buy a new power supply for my Dell Dimension C521 slimline computer. Where can I get one and what other requirements are there?

For the most part, power supplies are adaptable with each other, if you take the one you currently have to Best Buy or other electronics store, you shouldn't have a problem.;)
By the way... welcome to Techspot :)

Thanks. What do you mean by adaptable to each other exactly? My plan was to buy a new power supply compatible with my slimline computer and take it to my local computer store for assembly. I was told by one of the employees there that my slimline Dell would require a special compatible power supply which would fit in etc. which I would need to purchase on the net.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a notebook PC. In this case you may have to get one from Dell. They will know what yu need. If I'm not mistaken, their PSU's are made a little different from the rest.

Thanks, but that's the one I already have - I want to upgrade it in order to buy more powerful graphic cards.

Abz,
the biggest psu for the Dell Dimension C521 slimline is 300w, i think you may have to tranfser your insides to a bigger case that you can put a standard atx psu in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back