New soundcard and speakers to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buje

I am after a decent set of speakers. I live in a small flat and my computer plays all my music for the house.

I have decided to buy a Asus Xonar DX soundcard so basically I would like to know what speakers you think I should get.

I am thinking of getting a decent pair of 2.1 speakers that will sounds great and play music loud, anything up to about £110. Any recommendations?

Should I be getting some 5/7.1s with this soundcard? Although they would be hard to use and wire as the PC is in the lounge with the TV.

The main use is playing music and playing games although with games I normally wear headphones.

Any help is appreciated

Difficult to tell you here... get the recommendations of a a good sound shop... because you can listen to them in detail there. There are so many parameters, based on the music to which you listen, and your room acoustics..., not to mention your budget...
Budget is probably the most important spec for this forum.

if you are going to listen to music strictly, then theres no point getting a 5.1 because music is stereo and its meant to be listened to that way...a really good set of 2.1 speakers is the logitech z2300, its thx certified but might be a little out of yuor budget.

I am after a decent set of speakers. I live in a small flat and my computer plays all my music for the house.

I have decided to buy a Asus Xonar DX soundcard so basically I would like to know what speakers you think I should get.

I am thinking of getting a decent pair of 2.1 speakers that will sounds great and play music loud, anything up to about £110. Any recommendations?

Should I be getting some 5/7.1s with this soundcard? Although they would be hard to use and wire as the PC is in the lounge with the TV.

The main use is playing music and playing games although with games I normally wear headphones.

Any help is appreciated

as raybay said. sound is very subjective. it's always best if you could drop by to a nearby store and have a listen. a quick find from amazon.co.uk leaves some result:

-Acoustic Energy AEGO M
- harman/kardon soundsticks II
- Logitech Z2300
- Altec Lansing MX6021
- Creative T3

P.S. That's 5 common speakers with range of 100-150 pounds. And it's worth noting that AEGO M is a good performer for music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back