Newly built computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought me a new MOTHERBOARD,a new VideoCard,a new Processor,and i connected everything in the way it must be after reading the guide and i must done something wrong because i can't start the computer.when i push the buton to start it only the light goes on but the computer has no reaction where could be the problem? could it be that there is not enough power supply or something?please if there is anybody who knows how to help me to contact me thanks

may be a stupid question.... do you have RAM?

is your CPU power plugged in?

do your fans come on?

Yes i have ram

yes i have ram

what is this "Perhaps your memory timing is wrong, try resetting your CMOS"
and how to do it?

how it would help if you listed your hardware

how it would help if you listed your hardware

if we dont know what kind of hardware you have then we dont know what could possibly be causing your problem. for instance, if you are running a P4 mobo do you have Both power connections to the motherboard connected? if your running a newer video card is it one that needs a power connection from the PSU to run? also you didnt mention it, but if your upgrade too a new mobo and processor is to a completely different chipset than what you had are you trying to boot from your old hard drive without reformatting and reinstalling windows?

listed my hardware

the new motherboard that i bought is:
A7N8X-XE Motherboard (ASUS)
i bought me a new DDR RAM 2x256DDR PC400 CL3,0 OEM
new video card :ASUS RADEON9200SE 128MB
and I-CASE L12 MIDI 420W(USB2.0,4X5"1/4 2X3 q/2" 660120

If i missed something please tell me if there is something else that you may need to know to help me

THANKS

this could be a number of things

1.Are all power cnnectors iin ex p4, motherboard
Your powersupply, did that come with the case? if so i would suggest getting a quity ie (Antic,FPS group) powersupply, and do you know the amps on your power spply how many are on the 12v 5v

is your front panal connectors connected properly (probibly a dumb question but worth a try
do the fans come on
g

good luck with your problem

Explain please

I probably know this things which what is but i don't know it in english i mean i can't translate it and understand it so please if somebody can explain me a litlle bit more detailed which thing where should i look for i would apreciate it verry much :

i don't know everything how it's called.Please explain me "Are all power cnnectors iin ex p4, motherboard" where are this power connectors iin ex p4?
what is quity ie (Antic,FPS group) powersupply?

and what is "front panal connectors connected properly "?

THANK YOU

Forget the P4 connectors, that's for a Pentium 4 motherboard. You have an AMD motherboard so this doesn't apply to your system.

I think with "quity powersupply" he means a more silent and more reliable powersupply from a well known manufacturer.

The front panel connectors are the connectors that connect the power button, reset button, power light and hard disk light from your case to the motherboard.
They are the really small rectangular connectors. Check this picture to see how and where they should be connected.

picture

i saw the picture.i have the same picture in the instructions of the motherboard i am not sure if connected them in the right way because i dont know which is hd_led+ and which hd_led- i have only one hd_led and i have one pled (on the picture there is pled+ and -).On the picture there is EXTSMI and i don't have nothing connected there should i connect something and what?

THANK YOU

i also have this problem, new cpu and motherboard, the fans run, no beeps, no action watsoever. how do you reset the cmos, iv tried a new battery too, that didnt work.

You need a pin-jumper and you need to connect it to pins that say CMOS_RES or someting similar, then take the jumper back off, the CMOS should then be reset.

Did you remember to flip the switch on the power supply? Thats something I overlook from time to time...also have you tried swapping your ram and place them in different slots? Sometimes ram can be pretty finicky too

ivkina said:
i am not sure if connected them in the right way because i dont know which is hd_led+ and which hd_led-

The connectors should have two cables, usually the white or black cables are - and the colored cables are +.

ivkina said:
i have only one hd_led and i have one pled (on the picture there is pled+ and -)

You didn't mention the PWRSW connector, which is the important one here. The PWRSW cable/connector connects the power button from your case to the motherboard.

ivkina said:
On the picture there is EXTSMI and i don't have nothing connected there should i connect something and what?

This connector is for System Management Interrupt. Check your manual for a description.
This is an extra feature which does not need to be connected for your system to work. So you can ignore that.

Pwrsw

On the picture,for the PWRSW there is 2 cables PWR and Ground do you know which colour they are?and on the pitures stands (*requires an ATX power supply).Does that mean anything that i haven't done or what is it?

Your case came with an ATX powersupply so don't worry about that.
The GND cable is usually white or black, and the PWR cable is a colored one. The connector should have PWRSW or POWERSW printed on it so it should be easy to find and connect.

Once u have that connected, make sure the ATXPWR connector is properly connected and check the back of your case to see if your powersupply has a power button as well, if that is the case turn it on.

If it still doesn't work, u can try swapping the DDR modules to see if one of those is no good. U can also try resetting the CMOS, instructions at page 1-15 of the manual. (which has a funny typo by the way: "Please save all data before you exist." :haha: )
Otherwise maybe the powersupply is no good. Maybe you have a friend who has a working powersupply that you can test.

That's all i can think of with my limited knowledge. If your problem persists, keep bumping the thread to get the attention of a real tech-head :) .
Good luck!

I tried swaping the ddr modules and it still doesn't work.
About the power connectors i think that the problem is'nt with them because when i push the power button the lights turn on.i tried without connecting the powersw connector and it don't turn on the lights on i tried to connect it with the printed side on top it turned on the light it was the same way when i connected the connector with the printed side down.I can't understand that why just the light turns on and the computer has no other reaction?Where could be the problem?What is the CMOS?
I think it must be something with the power supply but why goes the light on?Maybe something is not connected propetly but what?Do you know where can i find somebody who can come and see it or maybe i could bring it in some service or something but i don't know where and to who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back