Nic card and graphics card driver conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Interesting one this, MSI KT3v mainboard 'No Lan option' AMD 1.4 with 512mb, client has an NVIDIA graphics card and a Lynksys NIC card, she can get one or the other to work in normal mode but not both, 'Graphics install knocks out the NIC' but in SAFE mode all work happily together, No IRQ conflicts flagged but the Graphics adapter does not show up in device manager, we have had everyone and his dog chew on this one for days, and frankly it has me and the rest of the room stumped,

Latest everything installed, altered the install combination too, it,s the fact the things work fine in safe and not in normal mode that has me wondering some, any ideas would be interesting as I have run out.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The graphics card drivers, and/or the nic drivers are the problem.

Try using a different version of the graphics drivers/nic drivers.

If all else fails, try a different nic.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Dunno if she has another card handy, for all conversations she is not too well off, but I,ll pass that one on, room is still chewing on it, one of th elongest running roomie probs we have had so far.. Thanks again

How about putting the NIC in another PCI slot? And disable the VGA IRQ in BIOS setup - 99% of the time it is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back