No audio device found, after installing Realtek AC'97!

Steve1389

Hello guys. I am new here and really hoping you guys could help me out!

Basically i formatted my computer yesterday and reinstalled Windows XP. But now when i try to add my drivers for my sound card i get an error. Its a Rundll error and its coming up every time i try and set it up.

The thing i am confused about is that my sound card says it is working properly. Its a Realtek AC'97.

Here are some pictures of the errors that i am getting:

ofn78z.jpg

2rcy13k.jpg

2irutmc.jpg

2eyezcl.jpg

I really hope you guys can give me some sort of information on how i can fix this. It would be must appreciated.

Kind Regards
Steve

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Do you have another WIndows XP cd, try to re-install your OS with another WINxp Cd, may be not all the setup files have copied on your hardrive due to damaged cd...try to used another one

Do you have another WIndows XP cd, try to re-install your OS with another WINxp Cd, may be not all the setup files have copied on your hardrive due to damaged cd...try to used another one

I only have the one Windows xp. I would most likely have to try and get one off my cousin.

Hmmm...

Well... Your dxdiag report confirms what you said (i.e. your Realtek drivers are installed OK). But as you're learning your Relatek driver is just one part of the "sound" jigsaw puzzle.

I believe (if i remember correctly, so not 100% sure here) but those files in your error messages are part of some additional generic Windows sound driver stuff that gets installed in XP...

Soo... two thoughts come to mind
1. I'd first try doing an XP Repair Install (which will still require the installation CD). Windows attempts to reset Windows stuff back to "factory defaults". Repair installs only affects Windows.. it doesn't touch your personal files (but still is wise to always backup stuff first)

2. THEN i;d also try upgrading to SP3 (which maybe will also fix these files but in any case you should be running SP3 by now)

Hmmm...

Well... Your dxdiag report confirms what you said (i.e. your Realtek drivers are installed OK). But as you're learning your Relatek driver is just one part of the "sound" jigsaw puzzle.

I believe (if i remember correctly, so not 100% sure here) but those files in your error messages are part of some additional generic Windows sound driver stuff that gets installed in XP...

Soo... two thoughts come to mind
1. I'd first try doing an XP Repair Install (which will still require the installation CD). Windows attempts to reset Windows stuff back to "factory defaults". Repair installs only affects Windows.. it doesn't touch your personal files (but still is wise to always backup stuff first)

2. THEN i;d also try upgrading to SP3 (which maybe will also fix these files but in any case you should be running SP3 by now)

Thanks for you help mate. I will get the newer cd off my cousin and reformat my computer. Thank you again.

Kind Regards

Back