No Compatible Direct3D device found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded the EA Games PC game The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King and am getting an error that says "Could not find any compatible Direct3d devices with the required capabilities". I ran the directX troublshooter inculding the direct3d test and everything seems fine. Do I need new hardware or can I download something to fix this?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check the games system requirements, particularly the graphics card requirements.

Make sure you have the correct version of directX installed, and that you have the latest drivers. Is your graphics card capable of running the game?

If it isn`t, then a graphics card upgrade is in order.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Man you're fast.

I have an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller and DirectX 9.0.
The games says I need DirectX 8.1 compatible video card and of of these chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS of Great, ATI Radeon 7500 or greater.

I don't even know what a chipset is.

I don`t play games, so I can`t really advise you on which card to get.

It all depends on what games you`re planning on running.

Other members will have much better advice about that.

Regards Howard :)

As a gamer I believe it's my turn to jump in here! :wave:

Couple of things, however. First there is the question what can you tell me about your motherboard? I did some breif research based on the info you have provided and came up with the 845G chipset by Intel, and a lot of AGP slot hits on motherboards sporting this chipset.

This recommendation is going on the basis that you have an AGP slot. If you find out that you have PCI-Express, you can get the same card in PCI-E flavor for about the same price :giddy:

Fort the Casual Gamer or Budget concious Gamer:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220

The 6600GT by Nvidia. $(140)
I personally rock this card at the moment, and am able to play steadily through games like Doom3, Half Life 2, F.E.A.R. and World of Warcraft without any issues and a very pleasent graphical experience. It won't blow your mind like a $500 dollar card would, but this baby has plenty of kick for gaming. I mentioned games like Doom3 and Half Life 2 because they are current next gen games that are up there with the most demanding graphical experiences available for gamers, and it's important to know that you can enjoy these games for this $140 price tag.

This card is really the current leader in budget gaming cards for us without deep wallets, and I can personally put my stamp of approval on this item. There are also 275 reviews on Newegg that speak volumes aswell, as it boasts a 5/5 star rating.

I wish you well in your venture, and hope you enjoy the card as much as I have!

Before I let you go though, I want to hit on RAM aswell. Your system should be sporting at least 512MB of RAM to play games and run WIN XP with stability and speed, but that's a seperate issue all together with plenty of well written threads to look at :)

Direct 3D Devices

Hey, I just installed a game called NeverWinter Nights 2 and its saying "No compatible Direct 3D Devices found".

Now this is a new laptop a got that i installed this game into so i'm a little peeved about it as you can imagine...

Its a Sony Vaio with:
*Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor
*Windows Vista Home Basic
*Main Memory (DDR2) 512MB / MAX 2GB
*Hard Disk Drive 80GB

Now before you all start recomending a new graphics disk of whatever, is there anyway I could download what i need in order to run the program?

Thank You.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know your exact Sony Vaio model, you don`t say, but I doubt that it will be able to play that game. I also doubt whether you can actually upgrade the graphics card, as it`s a laptop.

Checkout this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ah, well this game has been tried on four different computers with the same error so i knew, with my luck streak, that was going to be the case.

Well thank you for your reply.

heeeeelp, no 3d devices found

hi guys

i have the above problem too, these are the games requirements.......

Minimum requirements DirectX 9.0c Processor : Pentium © III 1200 Mhz 1 Go free on hard disk 64Mo video card DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Recommended system DirectX 9.0c Processor : Pentium © IV 1800 Mhz, 1024Mo RAM 2 Go free on hard disk 128Mo video card DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Apart from the sound card (onboard sound), my comp easily meets all the other requirements.
amd athlon 2400+(2ghz), 2gb ram , ati radeon 9550 (256mb) with latest drivers, installed the latest direct x also

I have turned the acceleration upto to full, i have re-installed the graphic card drivers.

I have done everything i can think of ( except throwing it out of the window ).

Any ideas from hardcore gamers out there , please help

thanks guys

yeah hi guys

i have problem here cuz i just bought splinter cell double agent for pc and when i insert the disc in, it says could not find any direct3d compatible devices. so why is that?

plz reply i need it badly,
thx

yes i just bought the new prince of persia nd i checked all the requirments nd my computer is more than capable but that direct 3d device not found pop out what can i do???????

What exactly are your computer specifications? Have you installed the latest driver for your graphics card yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back