No IDE detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sickem

i have a custom system and i had some bios problems and i finnaly fixed it but now my computer cant detect any IDE devices. what should i do?

I am new to this site as well but I do know some things. Make sure your bios settings enable plug and play devices in windows xp. Check the settings in the bios before you start your computer.

I'm having the same problem right now. I can't detect anything, so I can't change the boot order. I think I'm going to try enabling plug n play instead of auto, I'll let you know how that goes.

Make sure the pink part of the cable (the key) is right next to the power supply. Those cables can fit in wrong and your devices will not be detected. You could also try and change your jumper setting to cable select and see if that works. Are your ide devices connected to an Ultra ATA device? If so physically uninstall that device and reboot your computer. Sometimes if you change your bios or reinstall windows and still have that device in there, windows will not detect your ide devices. As for the plug and play thing, I see i have mine disabled. Let me know if any of this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back