"No input signal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a new computer 2 months ago and have had a recurring problem with the screen which appears to be worsening. Everytime it has been unplugged when i switch the computer on the screen says "no input signal", I can hear the computer powering up, windows opening sound and if i put a dvd in it i can hear the sound from the speakers but no picture. In the past i have restarted the computer a few times and eventually the screen will work. Once it has loaded fine it will work perfectly then everytime i switch it on until the next time it is unplugged.
The screen is a mikomi 1701-w and it worked perfectly with my last computer, all the connections are in properly and the screen works fine when i use it with my PS2 or for TV, any idea's would be helpful i've be working on it since i moved house on sunday.

Do you have a video card with multiple outputs? It may be that the vid card is not detecting the monitor and defaults to the other connector.

As far as I am aware thats not the case but i'll check it, just for reference the computer is a "advent MC3040" media centre xp computer, 2.93 mhz pentium 4, 512 dd ram, 160 hd, 128 nvidia graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back