No Signal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
Heres my story...

After not using my cybermaxx pc mt5 81 computer for a little while, I decided to use it as a server. Sadly, it gave me signal error and on my other monitor no signal. It doesnt post, no sound what so ever. Fans are spinning, psus tested and working, tried 2 blocks of ram and ive tried 3 graphics cards (1 pci, 2 agp). Ive reset the cmos about 100 times, tried 2 new cmos batterys, taken the mobo out of the case and tried it on cardboard, tried a different powercable - as if that would make any difference. And im out for ideas? Ive heard it could be something to do with the small can things that begin with C lol. One dude went on vacation and came back to find it was the Can things, anyone got any advice? I would be happy to reward with cash! Im pretty desperate :(

And my mobo is a ...
Microstar-6534

Thanks,
Blu.

The cans are probably capacitors. They commonly cause the probs you are experiencing when they fail. Usualy you see bulges and leaking of electrolyte around them when they do. There are places that recap mobos, and sell kits to solder it yourself. As far as soldering goes, caps are way easy. I've done some myself, including those tiny square tan colored chip caps you can barely see. No, the chip caps didn't go bad, they were knocked off. Not fun.

Anyway, redo the caps or replace the mobo. If you don't, you run the risk of burning up parts in the long run. You might want to test all the parts in a known good box to see if anything else has died.

right, capacitors are 100% a-ok. What do you think I should try next, ive been checking for loose connections shall I take a few closeups?

I'd see if anyone else I know has a mobo to try the cpu in before I bought another mobo. Unless they'll let you take the mobo back if the cpu is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back