No Task Manager, Reg editor, run command in start menu, and real slow pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

milannnnn

Hi guys,
I installed Windows Xp proffesional recently, and after i installed all programs and drivers, when i restarted my pc, it all went to hell. I cannot find my turn off button, my task menager wont open (it says that it has been disabled by my administrator- but I am administrator), I cannot find run button on start menu and, my language bar dissapears every time i restart pc. I have also formated my windows partition and installed windows again but I still have the same problem. I have scanned my pc with HijackThis and i will send you my log file.

Thank you very much, and i hope you will help me solve my problem.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of milannnnn only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks man, I did it all and task manager run command and the rest is back, but I still think I should give you the logs, because it says I still have something. Here you are, and thank you very much.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 6
And I forgot to ask you which are the best antivirus programs, which should I use, antivirus firewall and the rest I need to protect my pc.

Your computer seems to be clean. But let rik or Howard check the logs first as i am still training at the MRU. (Malware Remover University).

Well are you looking for a free one or a paid one?
The best Free ones are probably:

* Avast! 4 Home edition.
*Avg Antivirus 7.5

Paid Ones:

* Nod32
* Kaspersky Internet security 7.0

As for a firewall, i would recommend Zone Alarm. This is completely free, and can be downloaded from Here.

There are also others such as:

* Comodo. Which can be found here.
* PC Tools Firewall Plus™ 3.0 for Windows®. Which can be found here.

Regards Jase :)

This thread is for the use of milannnnn only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Note: When you have no replies in between, please use the edit button. Thanks :wave:

The only problem i can see with the logs is that the AVGantispyware log says "no action taken" next to the 2 entries, you need to get it to delete both of them.

Yes well spotted rik.

You need to scan and delete them both.

The first one is a tracking cookie, but the second one is a trojan.

X:\System Volume Information\_restore{4B81C9CA-CD02-492A-B353-C37CB07248F6}\RP17\A0006667.exe -> Trojan.Small : No action taken.

Delete that.

Do it in normal mode first.

Then you can do a scan in safe mode after, but you have to show alll hidden files.

I will let you know how to do this, but for the moment do it in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back