Ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using sony vaio vgn series xp pro. I was using firefox and trying to open two java applets and all of a sudden i saw a blue screen and now when i try to open windows it just shows bluescreen for a second and it restarts this process will loop for infinite....

First i thought i was because of my harddrive i took my laptops hardrive and connected it to a pc as external and formatted it and tried to install windows xp. Now it gives me this error:

file\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7. Setup cannot continue...

first i thought it was because of my harddrive and bought new one and tried installing windows but it gave me the same exact error. I then tried to open it with ubuntu linux live cd but it just booted from the cd and i could only select the language and then it didnt go further it just stopped. black screen...

Now i searched this error from google and what ppl in other forms say is, this may cause by a bios error ( I already tried by setting my bios to default...) or a ram error (i tried different rams i plugged in out still the same i already)

could you guys help me out with this issue thank you very much...

Sounds like your master boot record ismessed up. This can be tricky to resolve. Eirther you get the whole installation back or your forced to reformat the whole drive. Last time I had a customer problem like this it took me hours to fix the MBR just right (TS helped me out!)

Boot from the Windows installation CD but only go far enough into the installation process where it tells you if can find any existing installations. If it can, then we likely can save your installation. If it can't find your installation, you might be in serious trouble.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

almcneil - you figure MS$ people are steering the poster wrong?

That site I linked has the definitive answer. IF he responds that that didn't help, then please, offer some further help.

Until then, why muddy the waters?

CCT, forgive me, I didn't check your link first. Yes, this could be a BIOS issue as well.

Still it doesn't explain his problem on his laptop.

I think he has two problems. One is on his Destop getting the BIOS to read an external drive. His original problem is why his laptop is cycling on startup.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back