NTLDR is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the error message Every time I turn my computer on. I have re-installed windows and re-formatted at least twice on each of 3 different HD's. This is the error message that comes up every time windows gets finished with the first stage of installation (after it says that installation is complete and will restart in 10 seconds... etc.)

I wonder. When I had opened up the computer I had noticed a wire in the way of the main 120mm fan's operation and all 3 of my hd's were just barely tolerable to touch due to heat. I am not sure if the wire got in the way of the fan before or after I hopened it but assuming that it was in the way (since the case itself was fairly warm):

*could that possibly cause my hd's to heat up like that?
*if not could it be a faulty power supply (as mine had to be replaced recently)
*could the hd's be completely destroyed because of that?
*why would the OS installation say it is complete when it is not even going to make an effort to read it once it restarts?
*is there any possibility of the problem being anything other than hd's that have been over-heated?

Thanks in advance, i have been constantly repairing my computer ever since I built it since every part I seem to get is faulty (including the monitor). Every time I learn a new way around a new problem, everything just gets more complex. I had gotten 3 hd's so that I could store the original OS and program files on one, mass movies and music on another, and a third to re-install the OS once it becomes corrupted on the first, possibly being able to save some information and installations on it (since it had done so twice since I had built the computer). Fate has seen to it that even that expert planning has been foiled (possibly by myself not checking the fans before cruising around on it).

I have waited for it to cool down and still there is no change.

Do you have an external HDD or USB flash key plugged in to your PC while your PC boots? I leave mine plugged in sometimes and the PC tries to boot from it.

NTLDR is a program loaded from the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup menu and helps Windows NT load. Usually you get the error message saying ntldr is missing due to OS installed on a FAT32 platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back