Nvidia confirms 333 FSB for AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Commando

I really hope that means that my Abit KX7-333 mobo will accept these newer Athlons using a 166(333) FSB as I know it can be manually set to those speeds and higher in the bios.

Maybe all it needs is a bios update when its time to upgrade to a faster Athlon down the line with the 166(333)FSB.

I was one of the unlucky people to have owned a KT133 mobo which could not support any new AthlonXPs at 266FSB and was forced to upgrade mobo again within 18 months to what i have now.

Anyone know about future FSB333 Athlons running on my mobo?

Note: we're not talking about the K8 Hammer, just the usual Athlon with higher spec FSB for more performance still.

The 166 FSB should be used in the 2800+, which should be announced a while after the 2400 & 2600+ ( August 21 / 26 ). The only chipsets said to support that FSB is the KT400 ( unofficially ) & the nForce2.

Many people allready have such an FSB by OCing so it just might work ( might is the keyword here ).

For many years, people complained about wanting a higher FSB, but I think they might be moving too fast now. A new FSB every several months is an upgrade nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back