Nvidia DLSS vs. AMD FSR Performance Compared: Have Reddit Users Exposed Steve?

I watched Steve's YouTube video about this "controversy" too.
I think that Nvidia PR and its fanboys base are doing too much noise for nothing.
Regardless, in 2-3 years, Nvidia DLSS will be as obsolete as is their defunct GSync.
AMD FSR and especially the new FSR3 approach is better for consumers and game developers.
AMD has blown another nail in Nvidia's DLSS coffin, and Nvidia knows it.
Hope that all of this will determine both Nvidia and AMD to lower their videocards prices, or to bring more performance/price instead of raising the price with 50-100% more for a 20-25% more performance.

Last edited:
Seems like fsr is on par with dlss even for nvidia
Overall, AMD FSR is better, because it is available for all AMD, Intel and Nvidia videocards. Even for the old generation Nvidia cards which Nvidia DLSS is not available.
And I suggest to Steve to bring the following argument to NVidia PR (and Nvidia fanboys).
If testing videocards under the same parameters upset you, because only FSR makes this possible, better make DLSS open and available for more viddeocards. At least start with Nvidia old generation cards, instead of whining.
I am citing Haiart, a reader from another forum, which very clearly pointed out this:
"It is obvious that NVIDIA could have made DLSS3 work with Ampere and Turing, they didn't because of market segmentation. If you truly believe that NVIDIA couldn't, this also means that AMD is more technically advanced for being able to make it work not only on AMD, but on NVIDIA and Intel hardware too across all their generations."

Later post edit. I added more "insights" on page 2 of this forum regarding DLSS vs FSR.

Last edited:
Overall, AMD FSR is better, because it is available for all AMD, Intel and Nvidia videocards. Even for the old generation Nvidia cards which Nvidia DLSS is not available.
I am citing another reader which very clearly pointed out on another forum, the following:
"It is obvious that NVIDIA could have made DLSS3 work with Ampere and Turing, they didn't because of market segmentation. If you truly believe that NVIDIA couldn't, this also means that AMD is more technically advanced for being able to make it work not only on AMD, but on NVIDIA and Intel hardware too across all their generations."
I'd rather buy a GPU that supports both than one that doesn't. Currently only Nvidia cards support both fsr and dlss, therefore they are the better buy.

I'd rather buy a gpu that supports both than one that doesnt. Currency only nvidia cards support both fsr and dlss, therefore they are the better buy.
The market disagree with you.
For example consumers chose to buy Freesync monitors, instead of expensive GSync which brings barely or nothing more than what AMD is offering. Oh, wait, Gsync monitors brought something more than Freesync monitors, noisy coolers and higher prices :)

Last edited:
I'm glad you've chosen to use raw results and not include upscaling in the main reviews. DLSS and FSR are essentially sticky plasters for the fact they cannot push GPU performance far enough to run at native resolutions.

I agree there should be testing done on all upscaling technologies. This should be done in its own separate article though, and it won't even be that interesting, "DLSS is the better image quality, both run at the same performance on 95% of games tested and yep, it boosts framerates by lowering the render resolution..."

I saw the HU video of this and thought it was hilarious. People talk about the toxicity of AMD fanboys (and rightfully so) but this just reminds us that nVidia fanboys are no better. These fools on Reddit didn't expose Steve Walton, they exposed THEMSELVES as liars by making false claims about "FSR hampering the performance of GeForce cards". Good on ya Steve for making a mockery of them because that's what they deserve.

Loving a corporation is the mark of an extremely low IQ or extremely low self-esteem. Sure, I support AMD but not because I love AMD, that would be insane. I support them because I've seen what happens when there's no competition and it's something that I never want to see again. Also, Intel and nVidia have done a lot to earn pretty much everyone's hate but I'm one of the few who has enough backbone to say "To hell with them!" without being a fanboy of any corporation.

I'm just a fanboy of common sense and if I'm not looking to buy a halo product, I don't give a rat's posterior who has "the fastest CPU or GPU in the world", I only care about what's good at my price point. The power of the RX 7900 XTX does nothing for me because I use an RX 6800 XT. Similarly, if I lost my mind and bought a GeForce card, the power of the RTX 4090 would do nothing for me because I'd have an RTX 3080.

This is what people can't seem to get through their skulls. It only matters who has "the fastest" whatever if you're buying THAT SPECIFIC part and don't have an axe to grind (like I do).

It ain't aeronautical engineering (aka rocket science)!
:laughing:

Good. I've said many times here and else where that upscaling results should be placed in it's rendered resolution not upscaled resolution.

Ooh I turned on dlss at 4k and gain performance! That's because you lowered the render resolution you twit.

As for reviews including upscaling performance, they definitely should and to ensure an apples-to-apples comparison the FSR settings for AMD should be selected to match the visual quality of the DLSS settings used for Nvidia. FSR is optimised for AMD and DLSS is optimised for Nvidia, the only way to compare like-for-like is on a visual quality basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I suggest to Steve to bring the following argument to NVidia PR (and Nvidia fanboys).
If testing videocards under the same parameters upset you because only FSR makes this possible, better make DLSS open and available for more viddeocards, at least start with Nvidia old generation cards instead of whining.
I am citing another reader which very clearly pointed out this on another forum:
I didnt wanna say its better bc I didnt want all the nvidia fanboys raging at me haha

Everyone knows that this site has a heavy bias toward the red side, it's even mentioned in the community guidelines that you're not allowed to mention this - ooops!

As for reviews including upscaling performance, they definitely should and to ensure an apples-to-apples comparison the FSR settings for AMD should be selected to match the visual quality of the DLSS settings used for Nvidia. FSR is optimised for AMD and DLSS is optimised for Nvidia, the only way to compare like-for-like is on a visual quality basis.

Whats your reddit account lol

For example consumers chose to buy Freesync monitors, instead of expensive GSync which brings barely or nothing more than what AMD is offering. Oh, wait, Gsync monitors brought something more than Freesync monitors, noisy coolers and higher prices :)

You are just a fanboy that is extremely annoying. All you do is make excuses and twist what you want to believe to help support AMD. It's actually quite pathetic.

I get so many laughs from the various fanbois as I have always bought what does the job and fits my needs. Guess too many *****s prefer to buy clothes from Dumbledorf just because of the looks instead of buying from a good Tailor that fits your needs, doesn't restrict your motion in combat, looks stylish while still providing good protection. It makes it so easy to see you so I can avoid you like the plague. Thank you all Fanbois.

Seriously, I'm one of those who buys what I need, not the damn hype and PR departments So called Promises. If I were, I'd be suing them in Court every six months for not meeting their promises of their product making me younger, faster and richer. I'd love to have Bruce Waynes Money, look as good as Harrison Ford and be as fast as Jet Li and they keep promising me that there product is supposed to do that but it can't unless you live in the Matrix or a Holodeck.

Get over yourselves and keep the whining about the cost of your hardware to a quiet drone as I do not care and in the case of Tech Spot, I'm quite happy to read the reviews and make "MY" decision based on "MY" needs, not some marketing departments promise that's not valid. Here's the best idea, sue them for false advertising every time they open their mouths in regards to promises that can't ever happen. There is no way a GPU is going to allow you to make the "Kessel" Run in less then 20 parsecs because that's how long it actually is. Now if you can shave a couple of days off that, then you have bragging rights since time is not distance. Try measuring at 1mm per Hour and see how long it takes to reach 1 meter. Quite a while doesn't it?

At the end of the day, does it really matter? I say no. A lot of wasted time and breath on this topic. Use whatever makes you happy! LOL

I think the tests should not include any upscaling technology, only raw GPU results.
Nevertheless, people are way too crazy to pick on such details just to justify money they spend on piece of silicon.
If you go that direction, which BTW I 100% support and is how I test my performance, suddenly these new GPU's still suck at RT performance in newer DX12 titles. Also suddenly, their price tags suck even more.

These articles need a TLDR. Nobody in their right mind would run FSR on RTX cards for an extra 2fps. Thanks for the performance difference proof but it's so insignificant that nobody cares and will just use DLSS as they have been.
And lower sync rates. Freesync can't sync near as low as Gsync can. There's a reason it's free and nvidia charges.

Back