Nvidia GeForce 6800 GPU info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
As pointed out by MrGaribaldi at the forums, earlier this morning Digit-Life website posted some technical specs and general information on the upcoming GeForce 6800 GPU family which is set to see the light any day now. Unfortunately the original article was taken down but here's a mirror for your enjoyment.

Although no performance figures have been unveiled yet, specs give a good hint the card will have power to spare... but then again if we should have learned something over the last decade, let's wait and see the real thing running real apps, then judge what is good for.

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how it performs.

Going by the info I've mirrored, it should appear around 5PM Russian time, meaning 3PM CET and 2 PM GMT.
(Or at least that's what some members from B3D calculated. I've never become too good friends with the different timezones ;))

One thing is sure, if what I've heard so far is true, it will be a good performer. But how it stacks up agains R420 is another Q :D

Check this out:

modules.php

Is Nvidia doomed?

Well, let's not forget that this is supposed to be a new architecture, so the drivers might not be in optimal condition yet (and no, I'm not saying they're going to add cheats).
Also that that graph shows the FX5950Ultra running with 0xAA/0xAF, the Radeon 9800XT is running with 2xAA/8xAF, and GeForce FX 6800Ultra is running 4xAA/8xAF

The looking at the numbers, with the configuration in mind, we find that it has the same min FPS as the 9800XT (could this be because of general system slowdown?), it is 10FPS faster in highest FPS compared to the 9800XT, and it 10FPS faster in average FPS compared to the 9800XT.

Also, let's not forget that FarCry is a game which pushes your systemt to the max.

So let's wait for more info before we declare the NV40 dead shall we ;)

Ok, now there's a couple of more reviewers who's jumped the gun :)

And this time it's full-blown previews with benchmarks.
You can find FiringSquads previewhere..

It's a bit slow (and seems to be getting slower), but that's to be expected...

The other review is from HardwareAnalysis and can be found here.
But there seems to be something wrong with it, since the 6800Ultra gains when going from 1024 to 1152 (resolutions). Hopefully they've just changed the numbers in those tests.

Some of it feels like it has come straight from nvidias pr, but some of it is ok. You be your own judge.

And last, but not least, I have a little "gift" to you from DemoCoder from B3D. He attended Nvidias launch-party, and made a demo of the NV40 running UnrealEngine 3.0
I've mirrored it here

I have no idea about bandwidth limitations on that account, so get it whilst it's fresh. (And mirror it if you have some server space)

Enjoy :)

(Also posting this as own thread in News forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back