Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings to everyone out there, I am new to the forum. Feel free to critique me if I do or say something wrong.

I purchases a Dell 1300 XPS around November, also u should know I keep very good care of my Laptop.

Recently (being the last month) my computer has been freezing (at least the screen) it flickers green and red, then it pixellates, then my computer crashes.

However about two weeks ago my computer flickered and pixellated, but didn't crash. My computer reinitialized my graphics card and started working. It then told me my graphics card had failed. This was great for me because up until then I really had no idea what was going wrong.

So I now know what my problem is.

Then I decided to go onto cyberspace and look around to see if anyone else had the same problem. I found, Yes! Few people did. However no one has been able to solve the problem.

I've updated my driver, rolled back my driver and have come across nothing but failure. The only thing that I've found to work is just disabling my graphics card, which is pretty lame because my computer goes into fits whenever I try to play a movie or a game.

Please if anyone has any information that would help me it would be much appreciated.

if you are telling me I need to upgrade. I've thought about is, however not only are laptops difficult for me to get into and upgrade, but it's also a tiny xps and would just be difficult all around.

ohh okay well then umm that is the only option rite now because if the graphic card is failing then you have no other option to fix it unless you send it back in to the company which is probably going to replace the mobo cause it is probably integrated in the chip set mine is its a 8200 tho so i meen contact dell and ask for a replacement mobo or graphics card or just order a new laptop which is probably your best option being you cant upgrade

Zilliak, he's talking about a laptop, the 8200 is a desktop motherboard-integrated video card.

ingen1: I would call up dell and tell them about this, if you know exactly what is wrong, then let dell do the replacing. I believe it should still be under warranty, as the default is at least 1 year.

You need too call dell support before you do anything it should be undr warrenty!
I have a dell 1420 and have had dell laptop from the beginning. they will take care of your problem

i don't have a warranty though. Although it's been under a year, so im still probably covered. Anyone have that freaking number, they are ridiculously hard to get a hold of. Via phone anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back