Nwifi.sys & tcpip.sys BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

Keep getting these BSOD about tcpip.sys and nwifi.sys, Driver irq not less equal

i'm attaching the last minidump of each one

any help would be appreciated

thank you

First, tcpip.sys and nwifi.sys are Vista OS drivers and they have to do with internet connection, networking, wifi, etc. OS drivers are usually too general to be of much help but in light of one of the minidumps you attached I believe we have a good idea of what your issue is.

You also have an 0xA error and these are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address and IRQ Level it has no right to. In your case it specifically cited the driver mrvw13B.sys which belongs to your TrendNet NIC card.

After further research this driver has some real issues with Vista and vice-versa and TrendNet's tech support isn't the greatest. That is because Trendnet uses the Marvell 88W88335-TGJ chipsets. from what I am gathering if you want to update your driver you ned to go to the Marvel website but just how good they are concerning support is in question. See this link and make sure you read the responses in order. One of Trendnet's own responds to the customer.

Link: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/29718272/vista-driver-for-trendnet.aspx

MRVW13B.sys is related to device driver for Marvell 802.11 NIC.Manufacturer: Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. www.marvell.com

* One other thing; in the future if you need to attach minidumps please don't zip each and every one individually. if you only have one or two attach as is. If you have three or more Zip them together in one Zip file. Thanks!

hey route44

thanks for your fast reply!

actually my NIC card is nit from TrendNet but from Netgear (Netgear 311v3) - but perhaps it's the same card, just different names. anyway, it uses the marvell chipset you mentioned. since i couldn't really find a driver update on marvell's site, i downloaded one from netgear. i was aware of its existence but reluctant to install it because it had caused trouble when i still had windows xp. but now with vista i haven't noticed any issues and haven't had a BSOD for the last 18 hours, which is a record.

i hope to have solved this problem

thank you very much for the info

Good to hear! And this is good information to have. Many companies will often use third party chipsets/drivers as you discovered.

Do us a favor. Please get back to us in a week and let us know if you continue to have stability. Such information adds to the pool of knowledge.

hey! i am having almost complete stability - just 2 crashes in the last 7 days. i can live with that for now.

greetings

hey! i am having almost complete stability - just 2 crashes in the last 7 days. i can live with that for now.

greetings

Thanks for getting back to us. If you can attach the most resent minidumps. I'm curious as to what these sporadic crashes might be. :suspiciou :)

hey route44!

thx for your interest and help. please find attached the 3 minidumps of the crashes i had since i installed the driver update.

i've been thinking about these sporadic crashes and i must advise you of the fact that since i installed the driver update i have been downloading considerably less than the weeks before, so i'm afraid that the reduction of the number of crashes could be the consequence of this rather than of the driver update. do you think that could be possible?

Glad to be of help. Two of the minidumps once again cited the driver MRVW13B.sys

It could very well be that your NIC card is bad and no amount of driver updates will help defective hardware function properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back