OCZ Vertex 450 Review: Vector-like Performance For Less

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/673-ocz-vertex-450/]https://www.techspot.com/review/673-ocz-vertex-450/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Nice product update. I might at last try OCZ for the first time, if they stay in the league.

There were talks of Samsung readying the 850 series. I wonder what happened to it...

I don't think I'd ever risk spending money on an OCZ SSD, when I can buy from Samsung and rest easy knowing how reliable they are.

I have used the Vector 256GB SSD for about 6 months now and it has worked flawlessly. Fast as hell too... I wouldn't have any problems recommending it to friends.

I've used the Vertex 4 256 Gb for almost a year now. It's still a gem with absolutely no problems. I'll use OCZ drives anytime.

I have had a 256 Vertex 4 since it came out... Never have had an issue. Extremely fast, great SSD IMO. But in 3 Years will the Samsung be running and my OCZ in the Trash? Probably won't find out, most likely will get a new SSD by then anyway...

If the price drops some I'll jump on these - but they've gotta get some larger capacity drives on the list. For now, my 2 * 512GB Vertex 4s are fine but running out of space.

Nice product update. I might at last try OCZ for the first time, if they stay in the league.

There were talks of Samsung readying the 850 series. I wonder what happened to it...
I may try out a OCZ also for the first time for my Haswell build. I usually use Samsung storage (so I think I may buy a 840 Pro depending on pricing). As for the 850 series, Samsung just released firmware for the 840 Pro, so they probably are delaying the 850 and upgrading the 840 instead.

I have used the Vector 256GB SSD for about 6 months now and it has worked flawlessly. Fast as hell too... I wouldn't have any problems recommending it to friends.

Like any HDD, its all personal experience with failures. But I have had 3 OCZ ssd's, and 2 have failed. I think all hardware has a hit and miss ratio.

I have a OCZ Agility 3 and Vertex 4 and never had a single problem (over two years period).

Running a couple of Vertex 3s and they have been flawless so far. Would say even if they were both to fail tomorrow I would have zero regrets but I would have an excuse to upgrade :)

I've have an Agility 2, Agility 4, Vertex 4 all of them work great (the agility 2 has been through 3 computers and still going strong) I wouldn't hesitate to buy another OCZ drive.

That was a couple of years ago. The latest OCZ Vector and Samsung 840 drives seem to do just fine. We haven't experienced any problems, zero defects after the first 4 month for over 120 installed drives (80 OCZ Vector 256GB/ 40 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB). We replaced 3 and 2 year old Vertex 2 and Vertex 3 drives which had a failure rate of about 5 in 100 every month or two.

I've got two Vertex 2, then two Vertex 3 and now two Vertex 4 without having any issues ! I'll take two Vertex 450 in my next rig without hesitation !

Back