Onboard HDMI port inconflict of graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbett_1989

I got an HDTV with an HDMI port today. My motherboard (Asus M3N HD-HDMI) has a onboard port for HDMI. At first, my pc would not run to the TV. I looked through the BIOS and found an option called onboard GPU it was set to auto. I changed it to always enabled. I searched around and found the display control and set it towards the onboard port. But it still would not want to send the display to the TV. So after while I removed the graphic card (Geforece 6800 GT) suspecting that was the problem. I did not want to remove it because I still play pc games. After removing the card the port started to work. I want to know is there a way for the display go to the onboard port while still having the graphic card installed and use it for my games and still route it to the port. Also what would be the best settings for the TV? I installed the drivers for the motherboard but the display isn't all the great. If all else fails I can always use the TV for my xbox 360
Thanks in advance!

System specs
Windows XP 64 bit
3.2 AMD Dual core
2 GB RAM
no graphic card
two hard drives

The HDMI onboard must also be connected to the onboard Video circuitry as well.
By plugging in the addon (Geforece 6800 GT) Asus Motherboard setup has concluded that you do not require the onboard Video (anything) and turned it off automatically (and you cannot change that setting)

One option would be to have a addon Video Card that also has HDMI on it.
Or purchase a PCI HDMI compatible card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back