Onboard sound issue....please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I have an MSI K8N Neo platinum motherboard with onboard sound and I am having a hard time figuring out what is wrong. The board is about two years old. I have done everything that I know how to do as far as adjusting settings.

I reformatted my drive and 3 days later began having sound issues. I have sound in Windows media player, and programs such as any video game and teamspeak. What is not working is any IE based sound, as well as windows sound. My microphone also will not work while using teamspeak, but while running the sound hardware test wizard it registers fine. I have also found that using the control panel to play windows sounds will not work either. The black > symbol that you click on to play the sound is now greyed out.

I have reinstalled my drivers and probably triple checked every setting that I know to check. I am ready to rip my hair out over this. If someone could help me.....you would be my hero for sure! LOL Thanks much in advance.

Welcome to Techspot!
1. please post all your PC specs here or in your profile, just in case they are needed. 2. go to start>run>type in services.msc this opens the windows services panel. scroll down the list to "windows audio" make sure it is enabled and running. 3. go into control panel>system>hardware tab>click on deivce manager>go to sound, tell us what it says about your sound card. any additional info here would help. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back