Packard bell system freezes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fimbles

Hello!

I have a two year old packard bell IMEDIA 3052
Full specs can be found on the website.. google packard bell..( wouldent let me post a link sorry??)

I have upgraded to 2x 256 mb ddr ram
and a radeon 9600 pro graphics card. also 1 extra fan as the graphics card one is getting a bit noisy..( fixed with a bit of grease) but just in case..:)

Ive never had any probs with this computer but recently the mouse freezes for a split second on screen and my pc lets out a single system beep. once or twice i have lost the mouse all together after this beep.. but after a restart everything seems ok.

I have opened my case and gave my pc a damn good vacum because someone mentioned overheating to me..

I have ran numerous spyware/antivirus/nortonsystem works and even a full system reboot.. but still the problem remains..

The system beep is short.. the mouse freezes for about a second ( but the film i am watching.. ect, does not.)

My system specs (in short ) are

2.8 ghz celeron
1gig ram
radeon 9600 pro 256 mb gpu
80 gig hardrive..

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have on this annoying problem! :)

hi.

thanks for the replys..

The mouse is a cheap optical mouse from trust. its p2p so it dosent use any drivers as far as i know..i never installed any and i never had any probs with it for the last 12 months or so.

I get the feeling its a failing power supply myself.. is there any way i can test this out?? would it be better to change it now or wait till the old one dies first? or will that kill my processor???

:O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back